Thread: ADC-V520IR and PoE

ADC-V520IR and PoE

Does the ADC-V520IR need PoE or PoE+

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by johnc847 View Post
    Does the ADC-V520IR need PoE or PoE+
    While some of the Alarm.com cameras do support PoE, the ADC-V520IR does not support PoE. If you are looking for an Alarm.com camera that supports PoE usage, Alarm.com would recommend purchasing the ADC-V720.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire8 View Post
    While some of the Alarm.com cameras do support PoE, the ADC-V520IR does not support PoE. If you are looking for an Alarm.com camera that supports PoE usage, Alarm.com would recommend purchasing the ADC-V720.
    You're buy2gig.com site has PoE in the description.

http://buy2gig.com/Alarm.com-Indoor-...DC-V520IR.html

High definition (HD) Indoor Fixed Camera with infrared night vision lights. Supports wired Ethernet (PoE) and wireless WIFI to connect to your broadband Internet connection

You're buy2gig.com site has PoE in the description.

http://buy2gig.com/Alarm.com-Indoor-...DC-V520IR.html

High definition (HD) Indoor Fixed Camera with infrared night vision lights. Supports wired Ethernet (PoE) and wireless WIFI to connect to your broadband Internet connection
    I do apologize that the incorrect information was there, we have fixed the website, and I would be happy to assist in any future inquiries that you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire8 View Post
    I do apologize that the incorrect information was there, we have fixed the website, and I would be happy to assist in any future inquiries that you may have.
    Do you have any of the V720s for sale? How good were they? Is the v721 much better and if so can you explain why? The reason I want poe is it's easier to get an ethernet cable to it than a power cord. Plus I think the resolution is much better with a wired connection vs wireless. Atleast that is how it is on my V520IR.

Do you have any of the V720s for sale? How good were they? Is the v721 much better and if so can you explain why? The reason I want poe is it's easier to get an ethernet cable to it than a power cord. Plus I think the resolution is much better with a wired connection vs wireless. Atleast that is how it is on my V520IR.
    Name:  ADC-V720.PNG
Views: 233
Size:  7.6 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADC-V721.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	350

I will add the ADC-V720 to the website momentarily. It will cost $344.95.

In your case, I believe the ADC-V720 would be more what you are looking for with PoE. As you can see the ADC-V721 must be wireless if you are using outdoors. Depending on how good the wifi signaling is would affect the resolution, and if you have found PoE works better for you, then I would go with the ADC-V720. Both cameras have night vision.

Thread Information