Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detatched Garage motion detector - need suggestion

Detatched Garage motion detector - need suggestion

Hey guys, so I have a slight issue I need some advice on. We have a detached garage approx. 10' away from the home, that we have a pir-234 interior motion detector in. The trouble is that, whenever we leave the home in the morning, and hit "Arm Away", we do not have enough time to walk outside, into the garage, get kids strapped into vehicle, and pull out of the garage before the motion detector goes off, and sets the panel into alarm.

And vice versa when we arrive home for the day - we do not have enough time to pull into garage, get kids unbuckled, and get into the house to enter our PIN before the panel goes into alarm.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do here?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ryangunther View Post
    Hey guys, so I have a slight issue I need some advice on. We have a detached garage approx. 10' away from the home, that we have a pir-234 interior motion detector in. The trouble is that, whenever we leave the home in the morning, and hit "Arm Away", we do not have enough time to walk outside, into the garage, get kids strapped into vehicle, and pull out of the garage before the motion detector goes off, and sets the panel into alarm.

And vice versa when we arrive home for the day - we do not have enough time to pull into garage, get kids unbuckled, and get into the house to enter our PIN before the panel goes into alarm.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do here?

Thanks,
    You can change the exit/entry delay for that sensor through your panel settings

Am I able to change the entry/exit delays for just a single sensor? Or is it a entry/exit delay time for all sensors?

Am I able to change the entry/exit delays for just a single sensor? Or is it a entry/exit delay time for all sensors?
    It will change all the sensors that have an entry/exit delay setting. You can also arm & disarm from the Alarm.com app from your mobile device as well.

So I see I can set the entry/exit delay 1 & 2 - and this pertains to devices that are entry/exit 1 or 2. But am I able to set the entry delay on a motion sensor? For example - when we pull into the garage in the evening, and the motion sensor detects - I want to be able to have 240 seconds to get inside and get panel disarmed... There is no door sensor on the garage - only motion sensor. I guess what field sets the time from when motion is detected to when the panel goes into alarm.

So I see I can set the entry/exit delay 1 & 2 - and this pertains to devices that are entry/exit 1 or 2. But am I able to set the entry delay on a motion sensor? For example - when we pull into the garage in the evening, and the motion sensor detects - I want to be able to have 240 seconds to get inside and get panel disarmed... There is no door sensor on the garage - only motion sensor. I guess what field sets the time from when motion is detected to when the panel goes into alarm.
    This is not really recommended due to the fact that such a long entry/exit delay would give an intruder more time...

BUT

If you changed Q7 to 240, then went to the motion and changed zone type to exit entry 2, this would give you the desired delay time for ONLY the motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire8 View Post
    This is not really recommended due to the fact that such a long entry/exit delay would give an intruder more time...

BUT

If you changed Q7 to 240, then went to the motion and changed zone type to exit entry 2, this would give you the desired delay time for ONLY the motion.
    Perfect! That's exactly what I wanted. Its ok that only this sensor has a longer delay time, because it is just a detached garage - it is mainly so that when arriving home at night, the wife has enough time to open the garage door, pull kids out of the vehicle, shut the door, walk inside, then disarm the panel. (240 seconds /4 mins should be plently of time). She could also do it from the app, but she never remembers to do that prior.

Thanks Cheshire8

You're welcome. Please let us know how you make out!

If possible you may need to increase the delay time to allow for enough time to get in and out. If not and presuming that you have a smart phone, you can arm and disarm via your smart phone after leaving the garage and prior to entering.

Did it work? The suggestions above.

kitchen renovations Cedar Knolls
    We provide the best Electrical Services you will need. Visit our Home Page/Website for more details.

URL: kitchen renovations Cedar Knolls

Thread Information