Thread: GC3 Panel not working

GC3 Panel not working

Received my GC3 panel in the mail today. This is a new system install, so I had to run power to the panel. Got everything wired up, (red+, black-) at both the panel and the power adaptor and got nothing on the screen. Triple checked my connections and used a tester and confirmed that I have power to the panel. Is there a super secret ON button I'm missing or something?

I will call buy2GIG.com on Thursday when I'm back home, but didint know if someone knew of something I'm missing.

Thanks,
    Zach

Wow... that's disappointing. I had no troubles powering mine up today. Wired it up to the adapter just like you (red+, black-), and everything powered up as normal. When you checked are you getting the 14VDC right at the back of the panel?

Quote Originally Posted by ryangunther View Post
    Wow... that's disappointing. I had no troubles powering mine up today. Wired it up to the adapter just like you (red+, black-), and everything powered up as normal. When you checked are you getting the 14VDC right at the back of the panel?
    I haven't put a meter to the back of the panel, just a simple tester to tell me there is power. I guess I'll have to see what the meter says.

Were you ever able to get the panel powered up? Can you share your findings with us please?

Please let me know how you make out. I am interested in your results.

That's unfortunate. I also recieved my GC3 today and it powered up as expected.

Here's a reference picture of the power pins.

I think you should wired it up to the adapter just like you (red+, black-), and everything powered up as normal.
    When you checked are you getting the 14VDC right at the back of the panel?
    As per my knowledge there is no any switch also.
    Just check all the connections again.

Sorry, it been a while since I have been on here. The power issue ended up being a freak thing on the outlet side of things, so the panel was ok.

Thread Information