Thread: Logitech Harmony Hub Extender w/GC3

Logitech Harmony Hub Extender w/GC3

Tried to connect to my 2Gig Go Control 2.0 with no luck. Anyone know if it might work with GC3?

To my knowledge it won't be needed with the GC3. To enhance the z-wave, most people are using the Aeon Z wave boosters. They work great and they are only $25.00 each. I hope this helps.

Actually what I want to be able to do is control the Z-wave devices from either the remote or from the panel.

With the Go Control Panels, you would have Alarm.com, which is an app on the phone. You are able to control the z-wave devices from your phone, through the Alarm.com app, which could be considered a "remote". You would also be able to control your z-wave devices through the panel as well. You can take a look at Alarm.com and all of its features here

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire8 View Post
    With the Go Control Panels, you would have Alarm.com, which is an app on the phone. You are able to control the z-wave devices from your phone, through the Alarm.com app, which could be considered a "remote". You would also be able to control your z-wave devices through the panel as well. You can take a look at Alarm.com and all of its features here
    Yep. I understand that. Already have Alarm.com. Problem is latency can be highish at times and it isn't possible to combine IR devices with Z-wave devices to create scenes like this. The Logitech Harmony Elite allows you to do this with lower latency.

Problem is Z-Wave devices can only have one "master" the way I understand and right now I can't get my existing 2Gig Go Control 2.0 to act as a secondary controller OR to get the harmony hub extender to work as a secondary.

Hence my inquiry...

Thanks,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chriskinsman View Post
    Yep. I understand that. Already have Alarm.com. Problem is latency can be highish at times and it isn't possible to combine IR devices with Z-wave devices to create scenes like this. The Logitech Harmony Elite allows you to do this with lower latency.

Problem is Z-Wave devices can only have one "master" the way I understand and right now I can't get my existing 2Gig Go Control 2.0 to act as a secondary controller OR to get the harmony hub extender to work as a secondary.

Hence my inquiry...

Thanks,

Chris
    Have you considered adding a Go Bridge that would def fix the cellular lag times
    I have the Harmony also and use it standalone with out integration to my zwave network, let us know how you make out
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Have you considered adding a Go Bridge that would def fix the cellular lag times
    I have the Harmony also and use it standalone with out integration to my zwave network, let us know how you make out
    Looking to move to GC3 ultimately and was hoping Wifi would help with lag but seeing it is disabled in first iteration is problematic.

Probably just going to buy a GC3 panel and try it out. Will post what I find out...

Thread Information