Thread: 2GIG Control Panel

2GIG Control Panel

I have been reading posts for a while but can't seem to find my answer. Please accept my apology if I have overlooked it, I am a brand new member.

I have had a 2gig system for roughly three years. My setup includes of course, a 2gig control panel, one additional TS1, and a few 345 mhz sensors as well as some zwave sensors. My system has been working fine up until I decide to add a second TS1. So, my provider does not do OTA updates and would not upgrade my main panel without charging me for the install of a new TS1. To make a long story short, I decide to do it myself. The firmware upgrade seemingly went fine. I started at 1.9.6(i think .6) on the CP, and the new TS1 arrived with 1.13...my existing TS1 was also at 1.9. Needless to say, the CP needed to come up to 1.13, and ultimately the existing TS1...which I did...all seems fine to this point. The part where I am curious is now my CP won't pair my new TS1...also, it won't pair my existing TS1...yes, I factory reset and unlearned the old TS1, no help. Upon boot, both TS1 devices simply display the new device/awaiting pair screen...I am wondering if I may have rocked the transceiver chip a little while attaching the firmware cable to the four-pin port, they are in very close proximity. My question is this: is it possible to tell by looking at my transceiver if i have a version that is not compatible with the 1.13 firmware? I know it's 900mhz capable because it was allowing the CP to talk with the older TS1 prior to the 1.13 update. I appreciate any comments and direction. I don't mind digging and testing, just wondering if I am beating a dead horse with this transceiver/firmware pairing I have created. Also wondering how "easy" it is to damage the transceiver should the CP be powered on with the transceiver potentially not seated well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2gigmodel.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	330

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysTinkering View Post
    I have been reading posts for a while but can't seem to find my answer. Please accept my apology if I have overlooked it, I am a brand new member.

I have had a 2gig system for roughly three years. My setup includes of course, a 2gig control panel, one additional TS1, and a few 345 mhz sensors as well as some zwave sensors. My system has been working fine up until I decide to add a second TS1. So, my provider does not do OTA updates and would not upgrade my main panel without charging me for the install of a new TS1. To make a long story short, I decide to do it myself. The firmware upgrade seemingly went fine. I started at 1.9.6(i think .6) on the CP, and the new TS1 arrived with 1.13...my existing TS1 was also at 1.9. Needless to say, the CP needed to come up to 1.13, and ultimately the existing TS1...which I did...all seems fine to this point. The part where I am curious is now my CP won't pair my new TS1...also, it won't pair my existing TS1...yes, I factory reset and unlearned the old TS1, no help. Upon boot, both TS1 devices simply display the new device/awaiting pair screen...I am wondering if I may have rocked the transceiver chip a little while attaching the firmware cable to the four-pin port, they are in very close proximity. My question is this: is it possible to tell by looking at my transceiver if i have a version that is not compatible with the 1.13 firmware? I know it's 900mhz capable because it was allowing the CP to talk with the older TS1 prior to the 1.13 update. I appreciate any comments and direction. I don't mind digging and testing, just wondering if I am beating a dead horse with this transceiver/firmware pairing I have created. Also wondering how "easy" it is to damage the transceiver should the CP be powered on with the transceiver potentially not seated well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2gigmodel.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	330
    There is a newer version of firmware available. 1.14.1. I would recommend you bring all of your devices up to the latest version of firmware, which can be found http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/1-(...ntrol-Firmware

Fair enough, I will re-flash them and see. I would be very surprised however if 1.10 is bad, as well as 1.13...i tried both versions. I will flash to 1.14.01 to see if it makes a difference. Thank you for the feedback.

Please let us know how you make out.
    Last edited by Cheshire8; 02-10-2016 at 07:54 PM.

I am starting to think this problem is a result of my owning the older CP, the one with the POTS interface. I read another post where the answer was to replace the CP. Just so you know, I have replaced the transceiver with a brand new one from amazon. I have flashed to 1.14.1(13351) on the CP and 1.14.1(13347) on TS1, and they still won't pair. If there were a version of the firmware I could go back to that would work, I would do it...at this point, I am almost tired of fooling with it. I welcome any suggestions.

i've run into this issue numerous times updating panels. Only seen it happen on the GC2 panels where the POTS is built into the board. When you update these panels to 1.10 or newer than it sometimes (doesn't happen all the time) will brick the 900mhz on the actual control panel. I would always just cross my fingers that it didn't wreck the 900mhz. It will work if the TS1 and the CP are on the 1.9.6 firmware... But i have heard that you shouldn't downgrade firmware too. Bummer that this can happen. If you are okay with possibly destroying the TS1s than you could try downgrading the firmware to 1.9, if you have that firmware. And also put the CP back down to 1.9.6. That would be the last possible thing i could think of to troubleshoot.

Only seen it happen on the GC2 panels where the POTS is built into the board
    The GC2 (aka CP21) does not have a built in POTS. Only the earlier (GC/CP1x) GoControl CP's do.

The GC2/CP21 panels came out with zwave version 3.42. Panels that do not have the emergency symbols (and instead say "Emergency") are not GC2 panels, and run zwave 2.78 (or older).

The newer/current iteration of the GC2 panel currently run zwave 4.55 (released in 2015) and FYI, these are the only panels compatible with the new ADC-T2000 RTS (remote temp sensors), The RTS will not properly function with an older GC/CP1x or CP21/GC2 on zwave firmware 3.42 or older.
    Last edited by rive; 02-25-2016 at 03:19 PM.

rive... thanks! You are absolutely right! Ha. My fault. I definitely meant the GC/CP1x for the ones that i've had issues with the 900mhz going on when updating to 1.10 or newer.

Thread Information