Thread: 2GIG Glass Break Detector Test Mode Lasts for 90 secs... How can I get around this?

Arrow 2GIG Glass Break Detector Test Mode Lasts for 90 secs... How can I get around this?

Hi,

I currently evaluating the performance of the Glass Break Detector (GB1) as a possible solution for the company I work for.

The documentation I have found online states the following

"Push the test button for 2 seconds and then release it. The red LED will light while the button is pressed. The green LED will blink once to indicate that the unit is in auto test mode for 90 seconds"

It is frustrating because the glass detector will go back to sleep in 90 seconds. Is there any way to get around this? I would like the detector to stay in test mode indefinitely so I can test its performance.

Does anyone know of a work around?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by felixxiano View Post
    Hi,

I currently evaluating the performance of the Glass Break Detector (GB1) as a possible solution for the company I work for.

The documentation I have found online states the following

"Push the test button for 2 seconds and then release it. The red LED will light while the button is pressed. The green LED will blink once to indicate that the unit is in auto test mode for 90 seconds"

It is frustrating because the glass detector will go back to sleep in 90 seconds. Is there any way to get around this? I would like the detector to stay in test mode indefinitely so I can test its performance.

Does anyone know of a work around?

Thanks
    According to 2Gig, there is no way to change the test settings. The 90 seconds testing is built in the unit without option of change.

Thread Information