Thread: Cellular Module and TMobile

Cellular Module and TMobile

I am a newbie here and have been poring through everything trying to get all the information I need so I can take over my Vivint system. Since I already own the system and it's all set up I don't see any point in going all out for a new system if I can get this to work.

I have the 2GIG Go Control panel and my understanding is that Vivint won't unregister it so I will need to purchase an unregistered cellular module and change it out. The issue I'm seeing is that I have TMobile and TMobile modules aren't available anymore. Is that right? My cell phone provider is Tmobile - does this mean I cannot take over the panel, or is there another way, or does it matter?

Sorry, I'm not tech savvy at all. Any information would be appreciated!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I am a newbie here and have been poring through everything trying to get all the information I need so I can take over my Vivint system. Since I already own the system and it's all set up I don't see any point in going all out for a new system if I can get this to work.

I have the 2GIG Go Control panel and my understanding is that Vivint won't unregister it so I will need to purchase an unregistered cellular module and change it out. The issue I'm seeing is that I have TMobile and TMobile modules aren't available anymore. Is that right? My cell phone provider is Tmobile - does this mean I cannot take over the panel, or is there another way, or does it matter?

Sorry, I'm not tech savvy at all. Any information would be appreciated!
    From my experience, Vivint does not release the module to their customers. You do not need to have a TMobile Module if your cell phone provider is T-Mobile.
    You would need to make sure that the firmware version you are running is 1.9.6 or higher.
    http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/387...light=firmware Click the link to find instructions on how to find your firmware.
    If you are not at the latest version of firmware, you can purchase a module along with an update cable in a kit we offer.
    http://buy2gig.com/DIY-INDEPENDENCE-PACKAGE.html Which would save you a little money buying them together instead of individually.You can call 877-661-8941, and we would gladly check the coverage in your area to let you know which module would work best for you. We sell the modules individually on our website as well, if you do not need the update cable.
    Once you receive the module, you would then need to register it with an Alarm.com provider. Our plans are:
    http://buy2gig.com/Interactive-Plans.html

You can purchase a new radio from www.buy2gig.com and they can also activate the panel with alarm.com. It's very reasonable and a choice of service plans depending on your needs.

Vivint Sky panel

I have a vivint sky panel with the tilit CE910-Dual. Can this chip be replaced for takeover? Can I use alarm.com?

Thread Information