Thread: Possible to add door bypass to Vivint system?

Possible to add door bypass to Vivint system?

Title says it all. I want to add a 2gig door bypass to my Vivint system. I have the sky panel.

Thanks!

I guess I'll answer my own question since this place is a ghost town. NO. You cant use this with Vivint Sky Panel. It detects it, it will even alert if its tampered with. I spent two separate 45 minute calls with tech support plus my own troubleshooting. Never once sensed when device open or closed.
    Never got the piece of junk working. I'll either send it back to buy2gig or throw it in the trash.

Sorry that you wasted your money. the DW40 came out long after the sky, and the sensor requires firmware 1.14/1.14.0.1 or higher (which isnt supported by the skypanel).

Only 2011-2012 or older 2GIG sensors and equip will likely be supported to work with the skypanel.

The Sky panel is not a 2GIG product. It is a spin off from when Vivent owned 2gig with some of the GC3 technology. I am not comfortable giving you answers to SKY panel questions when I am not familiar with the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by FALCON View Post
    The Sky panel is not a 2GIG product. It is a spin off from when Vivent owned 2gig with some of the GC3 technology. I am not comfortable giving you answers to SKY panel questions when I am not familiar with the panel.
    That would be incorrect.

The original 2GIG Go2.0/skypanel (prior to UI software change)

Vivint never owned 2GIG (Blackstone did, for a couple of months anyways), and the Skypanel (aka 2GIG Go2.0) was never part of, or from the GC3 tech. The GC3 was in fact, built off the G02.0 tech.

for more info, see:http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/99-Sky-Panel

Last edited by rive; 02-02-2016 at 04:23 PM.

I stand corrected. Thank you for clearing it up for me.

I tried again without tech support on the line. I did the troubleshooting myself. I ended up getting it to work just fine. So it does indeed work with the Sky panel.

Quote Originally Posted by rxman View Post
    I tried again without tech support on the line. I did the troubleshooting myself. I ended up getting it to work just fine. So it does indeed work with the Sky panel.
    Can you advise if it logs the bypass in the panel logs, the DW40 worked with 2gig panels prior to 1.14, the firmware added the feature to log when the bypass button is pressed

Glad you got it working and thank you very much for the follow up

It does NOT log the bypass event.

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    That would be incorrect.

The original 2GIG Go2.0/skypanel (prior to UI software change)

Vivint never owned 2GIG (Blackstone did, for a couple of months anyways), and the Skypanel (aka 2GIG Go2.0) was never part of, or from the GC3 tech. The GC3 was in fact, built off the G02.0 tech.

for more info, see:http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/99-Sky-Panel

313 subsidiaries ("vivint")owned vivint, go control, vivint solar, etc... Blackstone aquired 313, took vivint solar public, and sold 2gig off to linear, kept a bunch of the engeneers and built their own stuff based off he design. So no vivint didnt own 2gig, but they really did, that was just a structural move to get other people to use and validate the go control as being a great system and not just "those jerks' that take over all out accounts system"

Thread Information