Thread: Secondary Controllers, scenes and light switch recommendation request

Secondary Controllers, scenes and light switch recommendation request

New forum member, looking to learn and share.

I have a new, monitored 2Gig panel using my existing wired sensors and some wireless sensors. Now that I understand the alarm features, which is my first priority, I'm looking to beater understand my Zwave capabilities.

I have two ZWave dim-able light power outlet controllers from Home Depot and a couple of lamps plugged into them. I have added them as switches in the services button, and they can be turned on/off or dimmed separately or together in a scene. I have a few next step questions:
    - Can these switches/scenes be moved higher up in the menus on the panels? Now I have to press services, switches, then control them individually. My spouse would like easier access other then on her phone.
    - Can a secondary controller be added to the system (recommendation requested) to control these lights/scenes separately from the panel without impacting the security system?
    - If I plug the lights back into the plug and get a Zwave in-wall light switch to maintain the remote controlability? Is there a recommended switch that can be used both manually AND remotely via Zwave?

Any/all help appreciated!

Reading about adding a Wink controller to my 2gig can work for more customized scenes and control external to 2gig controller. Anyone have this combination yet?

Did you ever resolve this? I'm trying to do the same thing. I have 2 lamps plugged into Enerwave ZW15R Z outlets and I would like to control them from a wall switch. I got a LINEAR GoControl, WS15Z-1 wall switch that is supposed to be scene capable.

I did read online somewhere that you can use an Aeon minimote to associate devices together, and i've tried the process but can't get it to work. I was able to setup the minimote with a scene to control the 2 devices, but i'd really like to get the wall switch to control them

Use a wireless contact and a regular light switch and set up a rules to turn lights on and off by contact opening and closing

Quote Originally Posted by aerocheck View Post
    Did you ever resolve this? I'm trying to do the same thing. I have 2 lamps plugged into Enerwave ZW15R Z outlets and I would like to control them from a wall switch. I got a LINEAR GoControl, WS15Z-1 wall switch that is supposed to be scene capable.

I did read online somewhere that you can use an Aeon minimote to associate devices together, and i've tried the process but can't get it to work. I was able to setup the minimote with a scene to control the 2 devices, but i'd really like to get the wall switch to control them

I know its been a while since you posted this concern. I was in the same situation as you with this WS15Z-1 wall switch. It took me several weeks and a lot of digging into this forum to make the switch work with my system. I was able to make it work eventually by just tapping the middle of the paddle twice. Again, tapping twice the middle of the switch paddle during the Add On Device in the Z-Wave section of the Control Panel.

Thread Information