Thread: Questions about DIY monitoring and programming

Questions about DIY monitoring and programming

Hey fellow DIY'ers.

I just have a few questions about how DIY monitoring relates to programming.

I've found the recommended panel settings located here.

When programming in RF sensors for DIY monitoring what settings should be used for:
    Select RF sensor dialer delay
    Select RF sensor reports

Are there any other settings I should be aware of when programming the panel and sensors for DIY monitoring? I will be purchasing a cellular module/service through buy2gig.com

Also with DIY monitoring there is no alarm company involved, correct? If my alarm goes off I can just reset or disarm my alarm, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by coolgrilling View Post
    Hey fellow DIY'ers.

I just have a few questions about how DIY monitoring relates to programming.
    Answers in RED

I've found the recommended panel settings located here.

When programming in RF sensors for DIY monitoring what settings should be used for:
    Select RF sensor dialer delay: (1) Delayed 30 Seconds or (2) instant digital communicator reports for the sensor .
    The delay time is set using the Dialer Abort scren

Select RF sensor reports: (0) Disabled or (1) Enabled whether RF sensors trigger a report to the Central Station or not. This option would give room for error before signal is sent if you have Central Station Monitoring.

Are there any other settings I should be aware of when programming the panel and sensors for DIY monitoring? I will be purchasing a cellular module/service through buy2gig.com The recommended settings you found will suffice

Also with DIY monitoring there is no alarm company involved, correct?
    Correct referred to as Self Monitoring when you chose No Central Station Option, You can set Text/Email notifications via alarm.com, but no response by Authorities, that option is $7.50 Additional and can be added if required, you may want to check with you Insurance Company to see if you qualify for an additional discount if Monitored by Central Station.

If my alarm goes off I can just reset or disarm my alarm, correct?
    Yes Correct from the Local Touchscreen or Via the Alarm.com App

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Yes Correct from the Local Touchscreen or Via the Alarm.com App[/COLOR]
    Thanks Michael.

If I understand correctly - since I will be self monitoring(with alarm.com) neither of those options will really affect how the sensors behave since I won't be using central station monitoring, right?

Thread Information