Thread: Previous owners contract in my new house?

Previous owners contract in my new house?

I just moved into my new-to-me house this past Monday. There is a vivint system installed under contract from previous owners, I was given no information on the system with the exception that the previous owners wanted me to take over their contract. Last night (2 new day in house) ,thanks to easy-off oven cleaner, the fire/ smoke alarms went off and notified the fire dept., and I have NO access codes to shut alarm off. Fire dept informed me of the charges incurred if there is more than 2 false alarms.
    So , I called vivint and ask them to disconnect the system until I can decide who I want to use for monitoring. I was told," vivint will not disconnect without notice from the previous owners, " even though I proved I own the house now. Without access codes they will not change anything, but they would sign me up under contract without having access codes and reset the system after I agree to contract.
    Is there anyway to disable the system ,without access codes, until I can decide which monitoring service I want to use, if any, other than Vivint?
    How can I make it a noise maker without monitoring so it will at least wake me up if a fire does break out?

Which Panel is it, The SKY or the Go Control?

The Sky Pictures are here: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/99-...ghlight=vivint
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Go control , I guess, smaller screen than those sky pictures

Okay, so after the 3rd false alarm , and the fire trucks show up because I can't cancel the calls, this time was wet wood in fireplace smoking bad that set alarm off, I was told that 1 more false alarm and I will be charged 500$ . I have pulled the cell card out, while fireman was at the house and he called to let dispatcher know what I was doing so the tamper police didn't get sent. Now the alert goes off every so often to tell me that there is no cell service. So I pulled the power to it. Now I just have a panel on the wall for decoration that does nothing.

Well if nothing else, by the actions of Vivint, I think you know who you do not want to monitor the system.

I despise not having control and/or access to something in my house. I would just chuck the control panel, get another from one of the vendors on this site, or review some of the stickies on here for just your situation, and if the panel can be reset, and monitored by a more reasonable firm.
    Last edited by justsam; 01-08-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by justsam View Post
    Well if nothing else, by the actions of Vivint, I think you know who you do not want to monitor the system.

I despise not having control and/or access to something in my house. I would just chuck the control panel, get another from one of the vendors on this site, or review some of the stickies on here for just your situation, and if the panel can be reset, and monitored by a more reasonable firm.
    I am in a similar situation. I'm curious - Were you able to keep the equipment?

I made the mistake of assuming that because the previous owners had Vivint, that they were my only option. More details on my situation are in my post here: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/446...ount-Transfer)

The previous owners contacted Vivint, who told them I should take over their contract. So, I did.

On Saturday, a field technician came out, inventoried the equipment, and provided me with a paper contract. The contract did have a three day cancellation policy attached to it. I've emailed in a scanned copy of the signed cancellation notice and am waiting to see what happens next... Based on some of the stories I've heard about Vivint, I'm going to mail a copy to them as well via Certified Mail, just to be safe.

Funny , sort of, update, had a Vivent sales rep come by the house to try to sell me the new home automation system. Said he would remove the old system if we buy the new one , but he could not remove the old system , unless we bought the new. I had to laugh in his face and tell him to leave. He gave a hell of a pitch though.

Thread Information