Thread: Honeywell smoke takeover

Hybrid View

Honeywell smoke takeover

I am a installer of 2GIG system and am having issues with customers not wanting to swap to 2GIG due to not being able to take over their Honeywell 2 wire smoke detectors. I was wondering if there was any device out there that we could use compatible with 2GIG systems that can power up the smokes and also monitor them. We already have a power supply that will power them up, and also a firefighter to take over electrical smokes but niether work together to take over the Honeywell smokes.

Quote Originally Posted by EatElinstallEr View Post
    I am a installer of 2GIG system and am having issues with customers not wanting to swap to 2GIG due to not being able to take over their Honeywell 2 wire smoke detectors. I was wondering if there was any device out there that we could use compatible with 2GIG systems that can power up the smokes and also monitor them. We already have a power supply that will power them up, and also a firefighter to take over electrical smokes but niether work together to take over the Honeywell smokes.
    What type of Honeywell system is it? There are different firefighter modules for different systems..

The Alarm.com's System Enhancement Module may work for this situation, depending on which Honeywell system you are referring to.

You can buy one here http://buy2gig.com/System-Enhancement-Module.html

It will allow a Honeywell Vista 15P or Vista 20P to work with all the Features of Alarm.com, Communications will be via the Verizon Cellular network and there is a Z-Wave Radio to allow the full automation that alarm.com offers.

It is an easy as installing and configuring a keypad on a vista panel, we will work on getting a training video for DIY users

Thread Information