Thread: Nest Integration with Alarm.com

Nest Integration with Alarm.com

NEST INTEGRATION

You can now connect an Alarm.com system to any Nest Thermostat

If you are one of our subscribers please send an E-Mail to admin@buy2gig.com We will add the Nest Option at No Charge,Please allow approximately 24 hours

Once done a prompt will now appear at the bottom of the Thermostats page (under the emPower tab of the
    Customer Website).
    Just click on the link, and complete required information on Nest's authorization page.

Using the Nest Thermostat
    After authorization is complete, allow one minute for initialization before use.
    Thermostat Features will then be Available Through Alarm.com
    Now you can control the Nest Thermostat via the Alarm.com app for an integrated connected
    home experience. The Nest app will still function as before. However, Nest does not support many of the
    advanced energy features offered by the Alarm.com Smart Thermostat, such as remote temperature sensing.

If you are interested in these features, an Alarm.com Smart Thermostat would be a better option.
    • Current target temperature control
    • Current mode control (heat, cool, etc.)
    • Fan mode control
    • Temperature notifications
    • Thermostat change alerts

Additional Features Available Only With Alarm.com Smart Thermostat:
    • Integrated remote temperature sensing
    • Thermostat and fan schedules
    • Rule-based automation including:
    • Smart away setback
    • Sensor left open setback
    • Extreme temperature setback
    • Fire safety shut-off

I added my 2 Nest thermostats into my alarm.com account. Once Buy2gig had the feature setup it was a piece of cake. All I had to do was to go to the thermostat page and it prompted me for my Nest logon. Both thermostats then showed up right away under the EmPower section and in my iPhone app. There isn't a whole lot you can do with the integration besides what is listed above but it is nice to be able to see all of my homes "smart" services through one app. It would be nice for some of the other features of the Alarm.com thermostat such as rule based automation down the line.

Thermostat

If you haven't purchased a smart thermostat yet and you have alarm.com, you are better off purchasing the alarm.com smart thermostat. Best on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    nest integration

you can now connect an alarm.com system to any nest thermostat

if you are one of our subscribers please send an e-mail to admin@buy2gig.com we will add the nest option at no charge,please allow approximately 24 hours

once done a prompt will now appear at the bottom of the thermostats page (under the empower tab of the
    customer website).
    Just click on the link, and complete required information on nest's authorization page.

using the nest thermostat
    after authorization is complete, allow one minute for initialization before use.
    Thermostat features will then be available through alarm.com
    now you can control the nest thermostat via the alarm.com app for an integrated connected
    home experience. The nest app will still function as before. However, nest does not support many of the
    advanced energy features offered by the alarm.com smart thermostat, such as remote temperature sensing.

If you are interested in these features, an alarm.com smart thermostat would be a better option.
    • current target temperature control
    • current mode control (heat, cool, etc.)
    • fan mode control
    • temperature notifications
    • thermostat change alerts

additional features available only with alarm.com smart thermostat:
    • integrated remote temperature sensing
    • thermostat and fan schedules
    • rule-based automation including:
    • smart away setback
    • sensor left open setback
    • extreme temperature setback
    • fire safety shut-off

Thanks for this advice...I was able to connect my two Nest Thermostats to the system. It now works great with the alarm.com app on my phone.

Is it possible to connect Nest Cams/Dropcams to alarm.com as well?

Quote Originally Posted by KieronAHBryan View Post
    Thanks for this advice...I was able to connect my two Nest Thermostats to the system. It now works great with the alarm.com app on my phone.

Is it possible to connect Nest Cams/Dropcams to alarm.com as well?
    Only the Nest Thermostat at this time....
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information