Thread: Can't get contacts to close

Can't get contacts to close

After installation I did a walk test. After assuring each contact had good and connectivity I exited from the test. All contacts stayed open. After a few hours I went into programming. I exited out of it without making any changes to the contacts. This cleared the system and I was able to arm it. About 10 mins. later one of the contacts opened and the alarm sounded. I have reset and rearmed multiple times over the weekend with random contacts opening. After I turn off the alarm, the system shows everything open. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by JWesley View Post
    After installation I did a walk test. After assuring each contact had good and connectivity I exited from the test. All contacts stayed open. After a few hours I went into programming. I exited out of it without making any changes to the contacts. This cleared the system and I was able to arm it. About 10 mins. later one of the contacts opened and the alarm sounded. I have reset and rearmed multiple times over the weekend with random contacts opening. After I turn off the alarm, the system shows everything open. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like loop may be wrong are they DW 10's? If using internal contacts it's loop two, how do you have it programmed and what contacts are you using?
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

They were programmed on loop 1. Made the change and everything is good. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JWesley View Post
    They were programmed on loop 1. Made the change and everything is good. Thanks!
    OK great thanks for letting us know
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information