Thread: Emergency and duress without central monitoring

Emergency and duress without central monitoring

I posted this question in a different area of the forums but it hasn't received any action, however I am curious about 2 things:

1. Will a duress code work (summon police) without central monitoring?

2. Will the emergency buttons summon the police/fire without central monitoring?

I do not have central monitoring, just gold interactive package. I understand that without central monitoring I would not have the added value of monitoring of alerts and alarms. However I wonder if I have a true emergency either entering a duress code in the panel or pressing an emergency button if that would still be seen by ADC and handled appropriately?

You will need central monitoring for them to summon emergency personnel. That's their job. Your emergency button will set off the alarm (if you have it set that way), but nothing else. You may be able to set something up if you have additional home automation devices and use IFTTT. However, right off hand I don't know of a rule that would summon police or ambulance.

Central

Quote Originally Posted by ekring View Post
    I posted this question in a different area of the forums but it hasn't received any action, however I am curious about 2 things:

1. Will a duress code work (summon police) without central monitoring?

2. Will the emergency buttons summon the police/fire without central monitoring?

I do not have central monitoring, just gold interactive package. I understand that without central monitoring I would not have the added value of monitoring of alerts and alarms. However I wonder if I have a true emergency either entering a duress code in the panel or pressing an emergency button if that would still be seen by ADC and handled appropriately?
    The duress code is usually a silent alarm to a central. You could probably create a text message to someone, but you should really use central station monitoring if it's a concern. The same is true for the fire and police emergencies.

Thread Information