Thread: Any emergency reporting without monitoring?

Any emergency reporting without monitoring?

Just curious about 2 things:

1. Will a duress code work (summon police) without central monitoring?

2. Will the emergency buttons summon the police/fire without central monitoring?

I do not have central monitoring, just gold interactive package. I understand that without central monitoring I would not have the added value of monitoring of alerts and alarms. However I wonder if I have a true emergency either entering a duress code in the panel or pressing an emergency button if that would still be seen by ADC and handled appropriately?

Subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by ekring View Post
    Just curious about 2 things:

1. Will a duress code work (summon police) without central monitoring? NO

2. Will the emergency buttons summon the police/fire without central monitoring? NO
    I do not have central monitoring, just gold interactive package. I understand that without central monitoring I would not have the added value of monitoring of alerts and alarms. However I wonder if I have a true emergency either entering a duress code in the panel or pressing an emergency button if that would still be seen by ADC and handled appropriately?
    Without a Central Station Monitoring Plan there are no notifications made to any authorities at all, If you signed up for an Alarm.com plan without Central Station Monitoring you have a Self Monitored System meaning you will only get text and email notification that you set up through your alarm.com via a computer, if you need help give us a call

If you would like to add Central Station Monitoring for an additonal $7.50 a month to be notifed via a phone call and to have the authorities dispatched to your premise give us a call 1-877-661-8941 and it can be added.

Name:  CS Monitoring.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  20.9 KB

Thanks for the reply. I figured that would the answer, but leaves me to wonder why there wouldn't be a direct to police button (similar response to calling 911) from either the panel or keyfob? I do suppose that by enabling the cell module to do that, then you would be required to adhere to strict emergency 911 response guidelines and fees for the location identification such as street address of the call or signal. And, it may be this fee that encompasses the additional charge of $7.50 in addition to the labor required to answer and respond to the emergency alerts and alarms.

Please clarify this for me.

leaves me to wonder why there wouldn't be a direct to police button (similar response to calling 911) from either the panel or keyfob?

That is not how alarm.com works. Your panel uses the cell module/bridge to connect into the servers at the data center. That's it.

For those who want central station, signals are then relayed via IP from the server to the station. The station then depending on signals received, contacts you, a designated contact, and/or emergency personal.

Without central station. Your system is just talking to a machine, and that's it.
    Last edited by givemsm2; 10-30-2015 at 10:42 AM.

The police are not able to receive signals from your alarm panel directly there are too many different types of systems and there is no way for municipalities to have the resources to support that type of technology, the cell module is pre programmed to report to alarm.com (the data center) with no central station plan the signals get relayed only to the phone numbers and emails setup, if your local police department has personalized services that you know of maybe they can do something special for you but otherwise, to get information for Police Response requires the Central Station in between and at the same time you get a text or email alarm.com relays the signal to our monitoring center for handling,not every signal requires police response also so, example you open a window and set alarm off in error, they would call and you would have a pre determined password. In the event you hit the emergency button or you have a panic alarm, the Central a Station would immediately dispatch the police without calling the premise first.

Hope this helps, please give us a call to discuss further 1-877-661-8941, and thanks for choosing http://buy2gig.com as your service provider

Mike

Thread Information