Thread: Help with DW10 sensor on metal door

Help with DW10 sensor on metal door

I have installed a DW10 door contact on a metal door, everything is set on the panel, named and everything, but the thing is not making contact. I installed the sensor on the frame, and the magnet on the door frame, using the supplied double sided tape. I am at a loss trying to figure out why this is not working, I'm I missing something? is a brand new unit, and when I reset the battery cover, the panel sees it. I aligned the arrow in the middle of the magnet to the center line of the sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by herminshs View Post
    I have installed a DW10 door contact on a metal door, everything is set on the panel, named and everything, but the thing is not making contact. I installed the sensor on the frame, and the magnet on the door frame, using the supplied double sided tape. I am at a loss trying to figure out why this is not working, I'm I missing something? is a brand new unit, and when I reset the battery cover, the panel sees it. I aligned the arrow in the middle of the magnet to the center line of the sensor.
    What loop number did you chose? Should be loop 2.

Does it work when off the metal frame?

Thread Information