Thread: new Ts1 update cable conection

new Ts1 update cable conection

I have a new Ts1 with the barrel power connector. I have tried to update it with 1.13 from 1.10. Followed steps but u it does nothin when puttting cable with the 4 pins in the 4 holes on the board. I did notice there is a male four pin connection to the right of the 4 holes coming off the board. Does this new Ts1 use the male 4 pin connection to the female on the cable? Had no problem flashing my other 2 ts1's (older) to update to 1.13.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahooka View Post
    I have a new Ts1 with the barrel power connector. I have tried to update it with 1.13 from 1.10. Followed steps but u it does nothin when puttting cable with the 4 pins in the 4 holes on the board. I did notice there is a male four pin connection to the right of the 4 holes coming off the board. Does this new Ts1 use the male 4 pin connection to the female on the cable? Had no problem flashing my other 2 ts1's (older) to update to 1.13.
    Have you tried to hold the 4 Pin Adapter in place apply gentle pressure to make sure the 4 pins are always touching the inside edge of the holes, I have found that this needs to be done the entire time the firmware download is being done, If you let go the connection could be lost

What Mike is trying to say - there are no female connectors per se on that board. The holes that you see lead to flexible pins inside, which your 4 PIN Adapter touches when you pull on it slightly. That is why you need to apply pressure throughout the programming process (PITA).

is why you need to apply pressure throughout the programming process (PITA).
    You do not have to apply pressure to the 4pin. You don't even need to continuously hold it either.

Secure the cable, and firmly insert the 4pin. That's it. Easy.

hands free, easy updating of TS1:
    Last edited by givemsm2; 10-30-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Yeah, you need the 4-pin extender (M to F) which I lost.

Thread Information