Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honeywell audible sounder question

Honeywell audible sounder question

I have almost finished setting up everything after installing my panel without too many issues. Since everything was already installed in the home, I really only had to program in system configuration. However, there is one thing that is stumping me....I found on an upstairs wall close to the ceiling a wired Honeywell Wave 2 audible alarm speaker. I am assuming that this is for extending any local alarm sounds but I have no idea to learn this (if it even needs to be) to the configuration or if there is Q that enables this to work. It does not currently emit any sound when the panel is alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by ekring View Post
    I have almost finished setting up everything after installing my panel without too many issues. Since everything was already installed in the home, I really only had to program in system configuration. However, there is one thing that is stumping me....I found on an upstairs wall close to the ceiling a wired Honeywell Wave 2 audible alarm speaker. I am assuming that this is for extending any local alarm sounds but I have no idea to learn this (if it even needs to be) to the configuration or if there is Q that enables this to work. It does not currently emit any sound when the panel is alarming.
    Follow the attached instructions, The Wave2 draws too much power for the 2GIG Siren Output, If you just want to swap sirens use this one:http://buy2gig.com/Indoor-Outdoor-Si...-Doberman.html

rbsn basic-external siren.pdf
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

oh no....

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Follow the attached instructions, The Wave2 draws too much power for the 2GIG Siren Output, If you just want to swap sirens use this one:http://buy2gig.com/Indoor-Outdoor-Si...-Doberman.html

rbsn basic-external siren.pdf
    Oh, I can't do any hardwire to the 2gig panel, it's all finished walls and a floor apart. After I posted I investigated a little more and determined that the original system in this house was honeywell by the circuit board and diagrams on the back of the door on the little metal lock box that used to house the honeywell system. The old circuit board was left inside although nothing is wired to it, probably just left when the vivint system was installed. I am assuming that the Wave 2 siren is not getting live power since it appears it is not hard wired and/or best suited for the 2gig panel.

Anyway, the panel's internal sounder is loud enough, I was just wanting to use the Wave 2 since it was already here.

I suppose I could cut the wire and remove it.

Thanks

Oh, I can't do any hardwire to the 2gig panel, it's all finished walls and a floor apart. After I posted I investigated a little more and determined that the original system in this house was honeywell by the circuit board and diagrams on the back of the door on the little metal lock box that used to house the honeywell system. The old circuit board was left inside although nothing is wired to it, probably just left when the vivint system was installed. I am assuming that the Wave 2 siren is not getting live power since it appears it is not hard wired and/or best suited for the 2gig panel.

Anyway, the panel's internal sounder is loud enough, I was just wanting to use the Wave 2 since it was already here.

I suppose I could cut the wire and remove it.

Thanks
    Thanks for the follow up if you want more noise you can add a zwave siren and use the existing siren wire for power http://buy2gig.com/Z-Wave-Siren-Strobe.html
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

so maybe keep the wire?

Thanks for the follow up if you want more noise you can add a zwave siren and use the existing siren wire for power http://buy2gig.com/Z-Wave-Siren-Strobe.html
    Hey, thanks for that solution. If I decide to go that route then I should keep the wire accessable up at the siren? And assuming that the other end of the wire was hooked on the honeywell circuit board for power...I can use either the power supply for the switch or control panel?

However, I am not sure which wire is the one from the honeywell Wave 2 siren.

Also, I have 2 power supplies and not sure which one is for what. One is smaller and one is bigger. Could one of these already be supplying power to the siren? I assumed that the larger power supply was for the 2gig panel and the smaller one is for the switch.

Hey, thanks for that solution. If I decide to go that route then I should keep the wire accessable up at the siren? And assuming that the other end of the wire was hooked on the honeywell circuit board for power...I can use either the power supply for the switch or control panel?

However, I am not sure which wire is the one from the honeywell Wave 2 siren.

Also, I have 2 power supplies and not sure which one is for what. One is smaller and one is bigger. Could one of these already be supplying power to the siren? I assumed that the larger power supply was for the 2gig panel and the smaller one is for the switch.
    What Model Honeywell Panel is there?

Yes for leaving the wire accessible

Please post Pics of your power Supplies without seeing the wiring and where its coming/going it hard to help
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

picture

What Model Honeywell Panel is there?

Yes for leaving the wire accessible

Please post Pics of your power Supplies without seeing the wiring and where its coming/going it hard to help
    The smaller power supply is connected to wire nuts with the orange wire and then goes into the wall. The larger power supply goes to the small exposed circuit board. The 2gig panel has a white wire coming to it for power. On top is the old honeywell board not currently hooked to anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-10-18 08.05.56.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	284  

The Wave2 draws too much power for the 2GIG Siren Output,
    The wave2 is a piezo siren at 500 mA.

The Doberman is at 180 mA

BOTH of these sirens exceed the 2GIG panel maximum current draw of 120 mA at 12 volts.
    Last edited by givemsm2; 10-19-2015 at 06:43 PM.

You can get zwave sirens/strobes at lowes for $29 BTW

See: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/168...iren-with-2gig

Do you have any spare wires that go back to the 2GIG Panel? It appears that you do.

If you had 2 spare wires you can follow the Diagram in my earlier post and use your wave 2 and mount it about your Go Control for additional noise
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information