Thread: System required with Alarm.com smart thermostat?

Question System required with Alarm.com smart thermostat?

Hi all,

I'm replacing my furnace and want to buy the Alarm.com smart thermostat for it. Problem is that I'll have my new thermostat before I have my 2GIG system installed - I'm waiting for the GC3 panel to come out. So my question is whether the Alarm.com smart thermostat (ADC T2000) will work without a system whatsoever?

Thanks very much!

Basic functionality

Normal, or single stage heat pump (no aux) only.

P2A2
    C2H2

See: T2000 manual configuration

Also see: T2000

ADC Thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by Iclyde View Post
    Hi all,

I'm replacing my furnace and want to buy the Alarm.com smart thermostat for it. Problem is that I'll have my new thermostat before I have my 2GIG system installed - I'm waiting for the GC3 panel to come out. So my question is whether the Alarm.com smart thermostat (ADC T2000) will work without a system whatsoever?

Thanks very much!
    I don't believe you will have the Smart Thermostat functionality you desire without the 2GIG panel. The Alarm.com Empower allows rules and templates to be created and it can't be done without the system installed and the Z-wave operating. It's a great thermostat and they just released the remote temp sensors that go into designated rooms. There are a lot of us waiting for the GC3 panel.

Thanks everyone! I purchased 3 of these thermostats and they do work without the system as standard, non-programmable thermostats. If the GC3 panel doesn't come out this month I'll probably go with a panel built by someone other than 2gig but that also works with these thermostats. Thanks again!

Thread Information