Thread: How to find/change password on Vivint system?

How to find/change password on Vivint system?

Hello,
    I moved into a house with Vivint (as mentioned in another post), I would like to activate the system as a noise maker, but I don't know the password. How do I reset/change it?

for the GoControl panel use default installer code 2203

https://youtu.be/CBqh3c6OEIQ

Perfect, thanks.

Another question, if I'm not having it monitored but using sound is it possible to buy some sensors for the windows downstairs and have those working? Guess I'd need a professional to run wire?

I tried to change my mastercode but says I'm unable to access that. Couldn't someone just come in and use the mastercode to disable the alarm?
    Last edited by doogie88; 10-06-2015 at 02:04 AM.

Also, is there a way to find out if it's monitored or not? I called Vivint and they said no. But this house is only two years old. Shouldnt' they be locked in contract?

I want to test the system and make it go off and hear what it sounds like, but don't want police and whoever else called if it's monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by doogie88 View Post
    Perfect, thanks.

Another question, if I'm not having it monitored but using sound is it possible to buy some sensors for the windows downstairs and have those working? Guess I'd need a professional to run wire?

I tried to change my mastercode but says I'm unable to access that. Couldn't someone just come in and use the mastercode to disable the alarm?
    Are you confusing the master code with the installer code? You can change the master code, and you should change/delete the 2580 user 8 code (which can be used to disarm a local panel, and once disarmed, the installer code can be used to view/change all codes including master code. The installer code cannot be used to disarmed the panel though).

To change the installer code (Q43) to something only you would know, you need access to system config.

The sensors are wireless (unless you have a TAKEover). If you add new sensors, add wireless ones (windows are DW10).

In any event, if you cant access system config, you are locked out and cannot add program any sensors untill you have it unlocked (which requires a new cellular module and active service, and you then have the provider remotely reset Q44 to "0" via airfx. once you unlock the panel, you can always cancel service if it is month2month no contract, and go local with full panel access and control).

Also, is there a way to find out if it's monitored or not? I called Vivint and they said no. But this house is only two years old. Shouldnt' they be locked in contract?
    Doesnt matter if they are still locked in contract, not for you anyways. If you set off the alarm, and cellular is still active, and they come over radio, you will not have the verbal passcode, and you will not be a recognized account User, they will not listen to anything you have to say about being the new homeowner, and they will dispatch police to the address.

if the Vivint cellular module is still in panel, then it is useless to you as it can not be reused (unregistered/released). You need to remove the existing Vivint module asap. there are videos in the forum to show you how to remove/replace it.
    Last edited by givemsm2; 10-07-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Thread Information