Thread: Couple issues with installed alarm (Smith Monitoring)

Couple issues with installed alarm (Smith Monitoring)

I had an alarm installed a few years back and recently found out the functionality of this device. Being that I bought the equipment outright, I decided to start expanding on it. I was able to get a Kwikset 914 door lock synced to the panel but when I log onto Alarm.com, I don't see this device as part of the sensor list. I gave up back then but have decided to add another lock and dig into this a bit more.

Questions for this group,

- How do I get the 914 lock to show up on Alarm.com so I can begin building rules?
    - Do I have to build rules in the panel itself, or can I do it through Alarm.com or any other method?

Thanks in advance for reading my ramblings and helping out,
    Jason
    Last edited by jskwarek; 10-02-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jskwarek View Post
    I had an alarm installed a few years back and recently found out the functionality of this device. Being that I bought the equipment outright, I decided to start expanding on it. I was able to get a Kwikset 914 door lock synced to the panel but when I log onto Alarm.com, I don't see this device as part of the sensor list. I gave up back then but have decided to add another lock and dig into this a bit more.

Questions for this group,

- How do I get the 914 lock to show up on Alarm.com so I can begin building rules?
    - Do I have to build rules in the panel itself, or can I do it through Alarm.com or any other method?

Thanks in advance for reading my ramblings and helping out,
    Jason
    Confirm with your alarm.com provider that your level of service includes the access to your locks, if it shows on your panel and not on alarm.com chances are it's not activated either your not paying for it or it isn't turned on. at buy2gig.com interactive alarm.com plans with not only lock access but lights,thermostats, and garage door control start at $18.99 a month

Let us know how you make out

Thread Information