Thread: New cell module but no option for cell phone test

New cell module but no option for cell phone test

Background info:
    I moved into a home in June that had an existing Vivint Go-Control panel in it and I had the master code which I have since changed. The monitoring service was not active, however I was still getting weather info displayed so I know that there was some form of communication occurring.

Now:
    Last week I decided that I wanted to use the system since it is rated top of the line. I started to mess around with it and reset the zones and and console and lost all zones like doors, glass break, etc. I cannot get into the system configuration (already tried several times to get Vivint to release the cell module) so, I ordered a new cell module and update cable from buy2gig.com. I updated the firmware from 1.5 to 1.13 and installed the new cell module.

I have my master code and the installer master code 2203, but the widely known code 1561 does not work for anything. When I scroll to the screen to do the cell phone test, the spot for that button is just missing so I cannot run the test and get my alarm.com set up. Phone support states this has happened on a couple of occasions in the past and has been unresolved. I was offered a new panel for another $50-$75 for a refurbished one.

I really don't want to spend any more money....Already into this for $120 and $18 for the alarm.com gold interactive plan

if you reset panel (console and zones) on firmware 1.13, then you turned off the cell radio.

check the following parameter and verify

Q91(1)

if for whatever reason, the default installer code does not work, or you are otherwise unable to re-enable Q91 to "1", you can reflash firmware 1.9.6 and this will undo Q91 and default the cell module to alarm.com, and thus should allow you to successfully perform the cell test and re-provision panel. then simply update firmware again.

as for Vivint releasing a cell module, that will never happen.
    Last edited by givemsm2; 09-30-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by givemsm2 View Post
    if you reset panel (console and zones) on firmware 1.13, then you turned off the cell radio.

Q91(1)

if for whatever reason, the default installer code does not work, or you are otherwise unable to re-enable Q91 to "1", you can reflash firmware 1.9.6 and this will undo Q91 and default the cell module to alarm.com, and thus should allow you to successfully perform the cell test and re-provision panel. then simply update firmware again.

So let me make sure I understand you....I can flash an older version 1.9.6 that automatically defaults to the cell test showing? This will work even though I cannot get into system configuration and do anything with Q's?

Quote Originally Posted by givemsm2 View Post

Q91(1)

Well no luck. I flashed 1.9.6 with both the new cell module and the old. Once booted up the spot for cell phone test is just not there. As I said previously before I ever started messing with it and calling Vivint to release the cell module (to no avail) I was getting weather on the CP, so I know there was active communication. I wonder if it is possible that after Vivint knew that I would not subscribe to their service they were able to get into the CP and disable and/or ability for cell phone test making switching modules a useless act. If they are jerk enough to not release the cell modules then I wouldn't put it past them to do other things if they had access to the CP via the old cell module.

I am feeling that my options are limited, however:

1. Is there any software that can be flashed to force the unblocking of anything that Vivint may have done?
    2. I can send my CP to buy2gig for an evaluation
    3. I can buy a refurbished CP for $50-75

Thread Information