Thread: Z-Wave Repeater/Extender

Z-Wave Repeater/Extender

Has anyone ran a Z-Wave repeater/extender (booster) on the Sky Panel?
    If so does it help and which one are you running?

All Powered Z-Wave Devices will work as repeaters so just add these to increase your Z-wave coverage area

http://buy2gig.com/Z-Wave-Plug-In-Ap...e-PS15Z-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    All Powered Z-Wave Devices will work as repeaters so just add these to increase your Z-wave coverage area

http://buy2gig.com/Z-Wave-Plug-In-Ap...e-PS15Z-2.html
    The issue I'm having is my garage is detached and I've been having some issues with the dead bolt not showing that is locked or unlocked from the app on my phone. I was thinking that maybe this was a signal issue but if each z-wave acts as a repeater then maybe I'm wrong cause I have door and window sensors in there as well and they work just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by RuRandy View Post
    The issue I'm having is my garage is detached and I've been having some issues with the dead bolt not showing that is locked or unlocked from the app on my phone. I was thinking that maybe this was a signal issue but if each z-wave acts as a repeater then maybe I'm wrong cause I have door and window sensors in there as well and they work just fine...
    Only Powered Z-Wave Devices work as repeaters Light Switches,Outlets and Appliance Modules. Door and Window Sensors will not and they are probably not Z-wave either, How far is the lock on the door from 2GIG Go Control Panel or a Powered Device Z-Wave Device?

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Only Powered Z-Wave Devices work as repeaters Light Switches,Outlets and Appliance Modules. Door and Window Sensors will not and they are probably not Z-wave either, How far is the lock on the door from 2GIG Go Control Panel or a Powered Device Z-Wave Device?
    Ah that makes sense because the battery powered ones would be going dead a lot faster because of the transfer load.
    The door lock I'd say is 40 - 50' away from the panel. So if I plugged in a appliance module say on the wall that closest to the garage that would then boost my signal making it half the distance that it has to travel?

Yes now you got it and if troubles still exist split the difference again

Thanks for your help and I'll let you know once I get my module and if it makes a difference.

Looks like that fixed my problem, thanks for your help!

That's great Thanks for the Update

Thread Information