Thread: Alarm.com second lock rule not working!

Alarm.com second lock rule not working!

Hi,
    I have a 2GIG control panel which works with alarm.com. I have 2 locks, lock #1 Front Door, lock #2 Side Door. I have 2 rules, one that disarm the system when an unlock code is entered at the Front Door Lock, that rule works. The second rules does the same for the Side Door Lock, that rule does not work. I can unlock both lock with the IOS app. What could be the problem?

Thanks.

Which Make/Model Locks do you have on both doors?
    What Version Firmware are you running?

Who is your provider have them taken a look at your Rules/Configuration to confirm the panel is programmed properly Q79 needs to be changed to (2) if Schlage Locks and the check box on the lock screen on the panel has to be checked, that wont show up unless you have Q79 set to (2) as shown here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock Screen.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	276

Hi,
    I have kwickset locks model 914. Firmware of the panel is V1.13. I will check Q79 to see if it is set to 2.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne951 View Post
    Hi,
    I have kwickset locks model 914. Firmware of the panel is V1.13. I will check Q79 to see if it is set to 2.

Thanks.
    With Kwikset just the rule should do it, but its worth a try, try and delete the lock and relearn it in also.

I changed the Q79 setting to 2, and checked the box in the z-wave menu for the lock disengaged. Same problem. Strange thing, I can set users code for the front door lock on the Control panel but when I try for the side door lock, I get this:
    "Confirmation of the new code was not received from the door lock. Please click OK to try again."

When I click on the refresh button for the user code it says unassigned.
    Last edited by Airborne951; 08-26-2015 at 06:30 PM.

A reset of the lock fixed the problem!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne951 View Post
    A reset of the lock fixed the problem!!!
    Great news thanks for letting everyone know

Thread Information