Thread: Security-Central

Security-Central

Has any one ever used Security-Central for monitoring? Thoughts?

Also....

I'm trying to fill out my first ever monitoring contract and I'm not sure how to fill it out with 2gigs format.There are no zones or partitions just a device name, sensor group, sensor type, and a central station reporting type. How would I put all that down into the Event code, Zone, Area and description section of the monitoring contract? Thanks in advance for the help!

The Panel sends in Contact ID format with Zone Numbers So you would indicate the zone name and type and what action you want taken IE. Premise Then PD Then List or Premise only and list etc...

I'm sorry I worded that wrong. Say I have a front door contact and its sensor 4. Do I write that down on the monitoring contract as zone 04 and under description say its front door contact.

Quote Originally Posted by BAgee87 View Post
    I'm sorry I worded that wrong. Say I have a front door contact and its sensor 4. Do I write that down on the monitoring contract as zone 04 and under description say its front door contact.
    Yes you have it correct have a Zone List and a description for each

Zone 1 Front Door
    Zone 2 Back Door
    Zone 3 1st Floor Hallway Motion

and so on

It is always best to give as much information so the Central Station Operator can pass that on to the Authorities and the Call List
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information