Thread: Doorbell Camera OEM?

Doorbell Camera OEM?

Anybody know who's providing Vivint with the Doorbell Camera? I assume it's ADC compatible and would be a nice addition to my 2GIG system, but I don't want to lose my TS1 when upgrading to the Sky Panel.

Thanks!
    Andrew

The GC3 Does not have a release date yet, it is still in Beta testing, hopefully there will be a Wi-Fi Door Bell Camera Integration but nothing yet
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by adorsett View Post
    Anybody know who's providing Vivint with the Doorbell Camera? I assume it's ADC compatible and would be a nice addition to my 2GIG system, but I don't want to lose my TS1 when upgrading to the Sky Panel.

Thanks!
    Andrew
    Here is a pic of the Door Bell camera they installed for us, I was able to connect to it through my PC. Here is the info I got from its properties. Hope this helps
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cam.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150710_180417.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	270

Man, that actually looks really nice. Does it work well, and actually stay connected to wifi? I had a Doorbot, but it just kept losing connection to a Wifi router that was 15' away. Worked for a few weeks at a time, and I just got tired of fooling with it. I'm curious if it actually connects to the alarm panel (maybe just as a contact like the current 2Gig doorbell), or if it's solely wifi. Can you let me know on that?

Poor performance

Quote Originally Posted by bsimmons2024 View Post
    Man, that actually looks really nice. Does it work well, and actually stay connected to wifi? I had a Doorbot, but it just kept losing connection to a Wifi router that was 15' away. Worked for a few weeks at a time, and I just got tired of fooling with it. I'm curious if it actually connects to the alarm panel (maybe just as a contact like the current 2Gig doorbell), or if it's solely wifi. Can you let me know on that?
    Now that you mentioned it, it does perform poorly compared to the rest of the cameras. The 1st night I had major issues, it would go offline or buffer endlessly. I have good WiFi range on my router (Router is an N and the transfer rates are more than enough), then again the vivint cams are connected to the panel, I don't know the Specs on the panel are (Hopefully not A/B or G, or single band) That camera is closer to the panel compared to the rest of the cameras, yet its the worse. The camera is WIFI only. I will say this about it, the camera records to the panel flawlessly, I can review recorded captured material smoothly and quality is great, however when streaming live, its choppy. Am thinking because it's also streaming audio unlike the rest of the cams. I have a separate DVR Cam security system that is connected to my router (not the panel) and those cameras work great. For some reason the Vivint supplied cams that are connected to the panel work alot slower even after reducing the quality. I might disconnect them from the panel and connect them straight to my router to see if they perform better. Thanks for the feedback I thought I was the only person experiencing issues with the doorcam. By the way I've tried viewing that camera on different networks, my cell phone 4g Network, my network itself (the one the panel is connected to), and on a friends Wifi network, results were the same...... poor, but acceptable streaming.

The dbc's have power limitations based on thermal dissipation and power supply. They also have the smallest antennas of the bunch, we always try to put the panel closest to the dbc. Or use a dap1330 to extend the range

Thread Information