Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To: takeover a 2GIG/vivint panel (or any locked panel) or switch monitoring

Do you still have firmware 1.14? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arttech View Post
    Do you still have firmware 1.14? Thanks

The link is in the previous post
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Hi, does anyone know if I can:

1) Replace the cellular module with a POTS / phone line module. (I found one on ebay)
    2) Reset the firmware using the data cable,
    3) Then reprogram the panel with a 3rd party central station monitoring phone number and account code?

#3 is the real question.

Thanks!

Update: The panel is a vivint 2GIG-CP11-345E. I'm ordering a POTS module and data cable today, I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rubbertoe View Post
    Update: The panel is a vivint 2GIG-CP11-345E. I'm ordering a POTS module and data cable today, I'll let you know how it goes.
    1) Replace the cellular module with a POTS / phone line module. (I found one on ebay) yes easily done
    2) Reset the firmware using the data cable, all questions may not reset
    3) Then reprogram the panel with a 3rd party central station monitoring phone number and account code? only if you can get into programming, did you try the default master code of 1561

Please let the forum know how you make out, most DIY'er will buy a cell module and when the provider registered the new cell module they can unlocl all the questions allowing full access
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    There is now a way to unlock any 2GIG GoControl panel using firmware.

The process is to obtain a 2GIG-UPCBL2 Firmware update cable ($20 various online sources), then flash firmware 1.14/1.14.0.1 to panel, then immediately flash firmware 1.13.

This will effectively act as a hard reset, and reset panel to default. For more info, see: Unlocking a GoControl panel with firmware 1.14

Firmware downloads are available HERE
    Hi... I've been doing a bit of lurking on this forum but still confused on this point. I have a Go!Control from Vivint... the referenced thread seems to say this doesn't work for some versions of proprietary firmware... but I'm not 100% clear that it is necessary... the default installer code seems to work on the panel so I assume this step is unnecessary? Also, I'm in Canada and I don't see any recent info on which cell module(s) work up here so I'm looking for a recommendation. The rest seems fairly straightforward. Thanks in advance!

Thread Information