Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To: takeover a 2GIG/vivint panel (or any locked panel) or switch monitoring

Will this process work with a Protection 1 2gig panel?

protection 1 will not give out the installer code, nor does it appear to be any of the default 2gig codes you can find online.

so if I change out the Cellular Module for an Alarm.com one, will I

1. have access to the installer toolbox
    2. keep my existing Alarm.com configuration which was setup by protection 1 (or do I have to reset everything on the Alarm.com site as a new user)
    3. will this prevent Protection 1 from disabling the panel once I terminate service.

It will work with any 2GIG panel where Q91 is set to 1 (alarm.com)

1. After you perform a successful cell test (requires an active alarm.com account on new cell module), and Q44 is defaulted to 0 via airfx by new provider, then yes (also have Q43 reset to either default or 4 digit code of your choosing, in event you do not know the installer code)

2. No. You will have a new alarm.com account, with a new login and password. So, be sure to delete any cameras off the old protection 1 ADC account.

3.once you remove the cell module, they no longer have access to panel configuration remotely via airfx. (This assumes you are not using the BRDG1 or POTS in addition to cellular)

You do realize that with Protection1 you never own the equipment? Right? Once you terminate service, they can request their equipment be returned.

Monthly service charge requires you to sign a 58 month monitoring contract starting at $54.99 per month (58-month total starting at $3,189.42). Contract lengths may vary. Protection 1 service is not available in all areas. Offer applies only to new customers with satisfactory credit rating. Additional charges apply for non-electronic funds transfer and credit card customers. Customer must be the homeowner. Equipment to remain the property of Protection One.
    Source: http://www.protection1.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    It will work with any 2GIG panel where Q91 is set to 1 (alarm.com)

1. After you perform a successful cell test (requires an active alarm.com account on new cell module), and Q44 is defaulted to 0 via airfx by new provider, then yes

2. No. You will have a new alarm.com account, with a new login and password. So, be sure to delete any cameras off the old protection 1 ADC account.

3.once you remove the cell module, they no longer have access to panel configuration remotely via airfx. (This assumes you are not using the BRDG1 or POTS in addition to cellular)

You do realize that with Protection1 you never own the equipment? Right? Once you terminate service, they can request their equipment be returned.

Source: http://www.protection1.com/

No that doesn't apply to me.. I have a very specific clause in my contract that the equipment is mine.

Long story short, I settled a lawsuit I filed against them, the settlement included an upgrade of my 15 year old equipment to the newest that they have with a 36 month extended warranty and full protection of my home, every door, window, garage, smoke, co2, etc.

Additionally I added some z-wave devices (door lock, thermostat, lights, garage) on my own dime..

I pay $29.99 /mo. and everything was arranged thru my lawyer and the court/arbitrator.

The only reason that they have an installer lockout is because of the extended warranty, I agreed to the lockout if they were servicing the system at no charge, if they ever attempt a service charge for an equipment based issue they would be in violation of the court agreed contract.

My contract is very specific, non-standard, and was submitted thru the courts, if they violate any part of it they will be paying me a whole lot more than $2,000 worth of alarm equipment.

Any tips on how to remove the Vivint. logo from the bottom right of the main panel LCD screen?

To remove the vivint logo, the panel must be reprovisioned with OEM 2GIG firmware, and have a successful cell test performed (with a non-vivint module). This will initiate an OTA update to the panel that will remove the Vivint build, and restore the OEM build.

Once it has a OEM 2GIG build, it will update the screen logo with the new provider's logo (if applicable).

You can then remove the providers logo by overwriting the firmware again after the OTA update occurs, which will then replace the providers logo with the "Gocontrol" logo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20150430_182849.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	227
    Last edited by rive; 04-30-2015 at 06:29 PM.

I connected to the Vivint panel a couple days ago and noticed that the Vivint default 2203 was wide open. I went ahead and changed the master code and set q44 and q45 to (0). Contract is up in a couple months, should I be good with the take over? My new code works perfect and the old 2203 does not give access.

Also, does anyone know what the installer code for the remote TS1 panel is through Vivint? None of the codes work on that one.

The TS'1 Do not require an separate installer code, please post what you are trying to do with your TS'1

Just a Reminder 2GIG Panel Firmware must be for Verizon 1.9.5 and AT&T 1.9.6 to swap module

Here is our Offer which includes the first 3 months for FREE, for new customers:

http://buy2gig.com/DIY-INDEPENDENCE-PACKAGE.html

We include Lawn Sign and Stickers as well
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

I'm hoping to switch my current 2GIG Panel (locked to Monitronics) to a new monitoring provider. I'm in Canada, so I'm using a Rogers SIM. Looking at the comm module, it looks like the SIM card would be replaceable just about as easily as switching a SIM card in any cell phone. What I'm wondering is whether it's possible to simply obtain a new unlocked SIM card (from Rogers or anywhere else) rather than replacing the whole communications module.

Is it just the SIM that's locked, or the entire module? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Quote Originally Posted by rounderjd View Post
    I'm hoping to switch my current 2GIG Panel (locked to Monitronics) to a new monitoring provider. I'm in Canada, so I'm using a Rogers SIM. Looking at the comm module, it looks like the SIM card would be replaceable just about as easily as switching a SIM card in any cell phone. What I'm wondering is whether it's possible to simply obtain a new unlocked SIM card (from Rogers or anywhere else) rather than replacing the whole communications module.

Is it just the SIM that's locked, or the entire module? Thanks in advance for any insight.
    The Module needs to be replaced you can buy a Rogers Module for Canada Alarm.com Service for DIY Here

There is now a way to unlock any 2GIG GoControl panel using firmware.

The process is to obtain a 2GIG-UPCBL2 Firmware update cable ($20 various online sources), then flash firmware 1.14/1.14.0.1 to panel, then immediately flash firmware 1.13.

This will effectively act as a hard reset, and reset panel to default. For more info, see: Unlocking a GoControl panel with firmware 1.14

Firmware downloads are available HERE
    Last edited by rive; 01-30-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Thread Information