Thread: Anyone get any "non-compatible" camera to be recognized by ADC?

Anyone get any "non-compatible" camera to be recognized by ADC?

With so many Ip camera options out there it seems like a crime that ADC only supports 2GIG and their "brand" - has anyone had any luck with another device being recognized? Any tips or tricks to share?

Quote Originally Posted by alevenso View Post
    with so many ip camera options out there it seems like a crime that adc only supports 2gig and their "brand" - has anyone had any luck with another device being recognized? Any tips or tricks to share?
    alarm.com cameras support the interlogics, qolsys and dsc panels along with 2gig. You can use any cameras with alarm.com if you purchase the one or four channel converter.

Sorry what converters are you exactly referring to?

The ADC-VS420 is Alarm.com’s 4-channel video server. Designed specifically to work with the Alarm.com hosted video service, it provides a professional surveillance solution. You can connect up to four analog video cameras to provide remote access to live and recorded video to customers through web-enabled computers, cell phone web browsers and via our free downloadable apps compatible with all Alarm.com enabled mobile devices.

Does the ADC VS420 require you to completely disconnect the video server that you are currently using or is there some sort of splitter that would allow the cameras to feed both the alarm.com server and whatever your current server is? I have a recent hikvision system installed this past summer and am curious as to if there is the flexibility to keep both systems going (acknowledging that it is redundant and I would have to pay for alarm.com video monitoring).

Also, if you use the 4 channel video server, does that mean you cannot use the image motion sensors or the 2Gig HD indoor wireless cameras too? I think I recall there being a 4 camera limit.

Thx

Thread Information