Thread: Help with installing door lock Kwickset 914

Help with installing door lock Kwickset 914

So... I've decided to upgrade the locks in my house, once I learned that my alarm controller was the Go!Control Control Panel. Did a little research, figured out how to get into the system and turn the different parameters on to use a door lock and purchased the Kwikset 914 lock.

That's where I'm stuck. I set the door box on top of the controller, go to add device in the Go!Control controller and then press button 'A' on the door lock once. I see two LED lights come on, let it sit for awhile. The programming button begins to blink red about every 2 seconds. The LED lights under the 'A' button go out but the Go!Controller screen still says "searching for devices". Then both eventually look like they time out.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? It shouldn't be this hard.

Jason

Try resetting lock itself, and removing the lock first from any existing zwave network. Then try adding the device again

When I programmed in my 910 lock, I had to remove it from network twice for some reason.

I got one of the Kwickset ones from Locksmiths in Coral Spring and it has been working fine. Battery life is a little short. Was easy to install and repair. So far so good. Just make sure that you get the Zigbee version.

Quote Originally Posted by Asafashkenazi View Post
    I got one of the Kwickset ones from Locksmiths in Coral Spring and it has been working fine. Battery life is a little short. Was easy to install and repair. So far so good. Just make sure that you get the Zigbee version.
    You will want a Z-Wave if you want it to work with a 2GIG or Qolsys Panel
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information