Thread: Vivint GoControl panel takeover best practices...

Vivint GoControl panel takeover best practices...

Howdy folks, first post, read all the amazing info here for a few weeks, what a treasure trove.

Ok, so I've just moved my GoControl panel and TS1 from my old house to my new place as well as a Kwikset 910 deadbolt. All the old door sensors at my old place were hardwired, so they all stayed. I have several smoke and carbon detectors which I haven't powered back up yet.

As it was before, I use the 2Gig in conjunction with a SmartThings hub. I've gone ahead and removed the Vivint 2G cellular module and have gone through the takeover directions, all is good there.

The update cable will be here tomorrow so I can get up to latest / greatest firmware, the panel is 1.9.2 right now. My big question is, should I just reset the unit to factory defaults? Currently the Vivint logo is in the bottom corner of the LCD and I'm not sure if there's anything else I need to clean out.

I've got the panel back up as the secondary controller to SmartThings, I can see both my Linear garage door relays as well as the Kwikset in both ST and the 2Gig. I'll be using the 2Gig standalone for a bit while I get everything all working the way I want, then I'll probably do something like Buy2Gig for monitoring, that's TBD.

Other than the takeover, anything else I should do aside of possibly resetting to factory defaults?

Thanks!

My big question is, should I just reset the unit to factory defaults?
    what is it you want to accomplish by resetting to factory default?

Are Q44 and Q45 lockouts disabled?

Do you want to reprogram all sensors and zwave devices from scratch?
    Last edited by rive; 04-29-2015 at 06:04 PM.

When your new provider (hopefully us) activates your new cell module we can remotely reset the above questions that Rive refers to, as far as defaulting there is no need all settings will be maintained with a firmware upgrade. The Vivint installer 2203 give you access to configuration until Q44 and Q45 are reset, which we do as soon as we activate a new module, this way you can have your own installer code and have full access to al the questions in programming, We offer Month to Month cancel anytime service and will Unlock/Deregister your cell module if you decide to cancel, We are also less money that our competition and offer 24/7/365 technical support any questions call 1-877-661-8941

Mike
    Buy2gig.com
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

I have both Q44 and 45 set to 0 now and have changed the default installer code. I haven't disabled or changed code 8 from 2580 yet, but will.

I just really wanted to know if other than the steps in the takeover doc, was there any advantage to wiping the panel and starting fresh.

I definitely have you guys in mind, I'm just getting the panel the way I want it and thinking about zones, etc.

Also starting to look at the scenes and how I can further integrate with the SmartThings hub. For example, the SmartThings doesn't do a good job at all with the Kwikset user codes, the 2Gig handles that well.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonalex View Post
    I definitely have you guys in mind, I'm just getting the panel the way I want it and thinking about zones, etc.

Also starting to look at the scenes and how I can further integrate with the SmartThings hub. For example, the SmartThings doesn't do a good job at all with the Kwikset user codes, the 2Gig handles that well.

As you know the Scenes and Rules are a bit limited with 2GIG and Alarm.com, I am not sure what Vivint allowed for Rules and Scenes but alarm.com covers all the basics, Your Smarthings Hub may do a better Job, but Alarm.com is always improving and looking for recommendations from users, we can relay it or you can post it on their Facebook page
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information