Thread: Need Help connecting my 2Gig GO Control panel through a AT&T Micro Cell.

Need Help connecting my 2Gig GO Control panel through a AT&T Micro Cell.

My 2Gig panel (Firmware 1.9.6) has an AT&T 3g modem. I have terrible reception and get "Radio Modem Failure" notices regularly. Adding the external antenna didn't help. I just picked up an AT&T Micro Cell for my home and want to connect my panel to the Micro Cell. The only problem is, I need the phone number of my panel to add to the Micro Cell phone list so it will talk through it. I got passed around at Vivint and they have no clue. Has anyone successfully done this?

Your service provider can log in to the back end of your system and when in there you can get the module phone number,we provide this number to our Central Station for every two way voice system we have,it is the caller id for the signal confirmation,if your provider is unable to help when your out of contract we can help.I am assuming your provider is aware your having signaling issues and isn't helping you? they do make a IP communicator for situations like yours it called a go bridge it requires firmware 1.12 and the transceiver module. I don't know if they offer it being they don't update panel firmware
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Update

Thanks for the reply locknalarm. In the middle of trying to get this done, my power went out and stayed off 20 hours. I hope to get things up and running this week. What I did was take out the modem from my panel and got the IMEI Number and the SIM card number and called AT&T Wireless. With that information they were able to give me the number for my panel. Once my power came back up I tried to add the panel's phone number: 577-619-XXXX but it was rejected as ineligible. In looking up the area code 577, it is a special non-geographic area code reserved for personal communications services. I am now going to contact ATT again and see if there is a back door way to add devices to the MicroCell by IMEI. locknalarm, what area code do your module phone numbers start with?

Thanks for the info on the Go Bridge. I had researched that and specifically requested Vivint to install one since they had been out 3 times due to signal strength issues and could not fix it. Nobody at Vivint even knew the Go Bridge existed. I printed out the info on the Go Bridge and gave it to the Tech when he came to replace my modem. I explained to him the requirements of needing 1.12 and asked the Tech to update my panel. He was on board and called in to get it done, however his people shut him down and refused to update the firmware. I was hoping to get the firmware updated so I could easily install the GO Bridge if I decided to go that route. ATT gave me my MicroCell for free, so I thought I'd try to make that work first before dropping $150 on the Go Bridge, the Transceiver, and the update cable. I have 1.5 years left on my contract with Vivint.

You are SOL on getting anything from Vivint (customer service, techs are mostly under the impression the Go! Control panel is theirs and Vivint hardware)

They do not support firmware above 1.9.6, IP Go!Gobridge, Image Sensors, GEO fence, and outdoor cameras don't exist in their ecosystem.

You can update the panel yourself, but whether or not you can get the gobridge up and running is a different matter entirely.

Thread Information