Thread: Multiple partitions

Multiple partitions

I'm thinking about selecting this alarm for my home. The 2gig Go Control. However I'd like to arm/disarm my unfinished basement separately from the main floor. Is this possible? I'd like to freely walk around upstairs but the the entire basement armed for motion & doors as this space doesn't get a lot of traffic. How can I make that work? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrazy10 View Post
    I'm thinking about selecting this alarm for my home. The 2gig Go Control. However I'd like to arm/disarm my unfinished basement separately from the main floor. Is this possible? I'd like to freely walk around upstairs but the the entire basement armed for motion & doors as this space doesn't get a lot of traffic. How can I make that work? Thanks
    Currently there is not a "Partition Option" with a 2gig system however, from what your describing you can do it with zone programming, you can program the zones you do not want alarmed when home as "Stay Zones" so when you arm in stay mode those zones would by bypassed, when you arm in away mode and you exit from an exit/entry zone the system will arm in away mode and all zones will be active

Here are the zone types:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zone types 1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	173

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zone types 2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	174

see more info on programming from this post:
    http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/103...ce-Descriptors
    Last edited by locknalarm; 04-13-2015 at 10:18 PM.
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information