Thread: I don't have the option to create "rules" from my panel, why?

I don't have the option to create "rules" from my panel, why?

I was really excited to start creating rules for my home automation options. (T-stat) but my enthusiasm was quickly deflated as I realized my menus were slightly different than the menus in the direction I had read online, my menu lacks the most valuable feature to me, the ability to create rules. . I was able to create some rules using the Alarm.com interface but I feel a bit ripped off, as I eventually wanted to make this a Local alarm after my contract, This 2Gig system is through Link Interactive. I do have the installer code, is their a way to give myself the local control to create rules, is it better than the alarm.com rules? they seem to be limited. I guess I don't have to worry about this till my 3 YEAR CONTACT! is up . i'm a $1000 into equipment and I feel a bit like it not mine all the way and its worthless with out a continued contract. Does anyone else use Link and can make "rules" from their Panel?

ok, with the installer code I figured out I can change Q79 and make "rules" visible and Local but it disables remote changes, I have to pick, there is no option to have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofreshsoclean View Post
    ok, with the installer code I figured out I can change Q79 and make "rules" visible and Local but it disables remote changes, I have to pick, there is no option to have it both ways.
    Sounds like your service provider has not activated all the features that are available from alarm.com, you seem to have a good understanding and are aware that you have choices when out of contract

Without and alarm.com plan, your rules are very limited when you create them at the panel and by changing 79 you figured that out

What plan do you have with Link?
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

I have monitoring and the Empower features, I ordered it through Costco. I already st up the Thermostat to do some really cool stuff with the Geo fence . the package I have I can add locks too at this price point all it wont let me do is Video. have to pay more for that. its only 30 a month for the basic and 3 bucks more for the Comfort features.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofreshsoclean View Post
    I have monitoring and the Empower features, I ordered it through Costco. I already st up the Thermostat to do some really cool stuff with the Geo fence . the package I have I can add locks too at this price point all it wont let me do is Video. have to pay more for that. its only 30 a month for the basic and 3 bucks more for the Comfort features.
    You probably can add lights also, sounds like your on the Interactive Gold Plan,you have a nice setup so far,post any other questions you may have and our members will try and help you out

Mike
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Thread Information