Thread: Linear Z wave garage door controller GD00Z-4 & 2GIG Panel

Smile Linear Z wave garage door controller GD00Z-4 & 2GIG Panel

Hi,

Does anyone know if the garage door controller GD00Z-4 works with the 2GIG panel? Also, I have heard that it registers as a "door lock" on some systems. If that's the case, I am wondering if I can disarm the system by pressing the garage door opener from my car. In other words, if the system is armed, and upon arrival when I push the garage door open button on my car remote control, if it will open the garage door as well as disarm the system.

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Much appreciated!
    Ken

Doesn't appear to be recognized by alarm.com (least as of Oct, 2014). The main issue is that alarm.com doesn't support zwave garage door openers.

Also see (regarding Linear GD00Z): http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/lo...ris/#post-5240

Will this work with an Alarm.com system? I have the installer code for my unit and wonder if this will work with the App.

I could not get it work with FrontPoint's Simon XT controller (which uses Alarm.com for monitoring and control). It correctly recognized it as a Z-wave lock device, but it did not understand the specific protocol that the opener wanted to follow. The device is not a simple on/off switch. It's much more like a lock because, in addition to activating the GD opener, it also needs to remember the state of the GD. Linear goes to great lengths to identify which GD opener their unit will work with, but they say not[h]ing about which Z-Wave controller it is compatible with. This information would be very helpful
    Will this work with a 2Gig go security panel? Sep 24, 2014

I've got Vivint 2gig system. So far, I was unable to make work. It connects ok, my system recognize it, but no control available. It just sits there, not moving when I press the button

Thanks, Rive.

Even if it is not supported by alarm.com, will it still pair with the 2GIG system? Will it open and close the garage door from the 2GIG panel? I wish Linear had documentation to clarify this issue....BTW, their customer service is the worst in the industry! I mean, they charge you to talk to them even after buying their products! That is absurd!

I dont think so... But I dunno for sure. Did you read the thread I linked? It looks like 2GIG has to have specific support for the GD00Z added.
    . If the Z-Wave device class is ENTRY_CONTROL, which would make sense as it's a door control device, then 2GIG would have to add specific support for that door controller. They add specific support for each door lock (Yale, Schlage, Kwikset, etc...) because each one uses proprietary encryption. That device probably has it's own encryption that 2GIG hasn't implemented yet. If it was a BINARY_SWITCH device, on the other hand, 2GIG supports generic BINARY_SWITCH devices so any of them work.

Thanks. The one sold by Lowes is version GD00Z-1. They have a new version 4 (model # GD00Z-4) out there sold by Amazon. From the manual, it says:

"This is a Security enabled Z-Wave product and must be used with a Security enabled Z-Wave controller in order to fully utilize this product. As such, this device will not respond to Basic CC commands.

ASSOCIATION: The GD00Z-4 supports 1 Group with 1 Node. Group 1 must be assigned the Node ID of the controller to which unsolicited notifi cations from the GD00Z-4 will be sent. The Z-Wave controller should set this association automatically after inclusion."

I am wondering because it says it supports "command class", and it is security enabled like the Z wave door lock, if the new version would work with 2GIG....

This is a Security enabled Z-Wave product and must be used with a Security enabled Z-Wave controller in order to fully utilize this product.
    The 2GIG panel does not support zwave security sensors/gear, and for it to work like a zwave lock, the specific support for it needs to be added to the panel (usually via a firmware update).

Just got a confirmation from Nortek. The GD00Z-4 is not compatible with the 2GIG panels. I wish they made this clear in their documentation/user manual.

Linear Z-Wave Garage Controller Now Supported

It is being reported that alarm.com now supports Linear's Z-Wave Garage Door Controller.
    The device is currently supported on 2GIG panels only and requires firmware v1.13+.
    Devices that were previously installed on 2GIG panels will now show up on the Alarm.com website and mobile app. Re-installation is not required.

Can anyone that has the Linear Z-Wave Garage Door Controller Report on this?
    Michael Ferer
    www.buy2gig.com
    "The Source For 2GIG and Alarm.com Plans"
    1-877-661-8941

Atlantic Ocean Group

Hey,

You seems to be in very bad situation.I had also faced so many problems regarding my garage and garage doors.Then one of my friend recommend me the well experienced and very reliable team of Atlantic Ocean Group.I am highly surprised with their work.In case of any garage issues,I would like you to contact them.They will solve all your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Linear Z-Wave Garage Controller Now Supported

It is being reported that alarm.com now supports Linear's Z-Wave Garage Door Controller.
    The device is currently supported on 2GIG panels only and requires firmware v1.13+.
    Devices that were previously installed on 2GIG panels will now show up on the Alarm.com website and mobile app. Re-installation is not required.

Can anyone that has the Linear Z-Wave Garage Door Controller Report on this?
    I don't know if it works with 1.13, but it works with 1.14.

The manual is incomplete, but you have to make sure that Locks (Q82) are enabled on control panel.

You may have to reset the GD00Z-4 (press link button 5 times) and/or re-synch its sensor ( link button 7 seconds until beep, then move sensor , then another beep) which talks to it the GD00Z-4, not your system).

Thread Information