Thread: Takeover System from Vivint

Question Takeover System from Vivint

Hi everyone,

I have a system that was put in by Vivint including the SkyPanel. My question is, how do I make it mine? It now belongs to me and I don't want Vivint being able to control anything.

I'll have a non-monitored system for a little bit until I can figure this out.

I've got the panel, 2 door sensors, 1 camera, 1 extra keypad, 2 key fobs, 1 emergency button, 1 thermostat, 1 glass break sensor, 1 smoke detector, 1 motion detector.

Is it possible for me to take control of everything? Add stuff later on?

Thanks for any help.

I have a system that was put in by Vivint including the SkyPanel. My question is, how do I make it mine?

I've got the panel, 2 door sensors, 1 camera, 1 extra keypad, 2 key fobs, 1 emergency button, 1 thermostat, 1 glass break sensor, 1 smoke detector, 1 motion detector.

Is it possible for me to take control of everything? Add stuff later on?
    You won't be able to get the sky panel monitored. Unless you want to use it as a noisemaker, and had the foresight to disable 48 hour installer lockout (so you can add stuff later), best bet is to replace it with the GoControl, or wait for the GC3.

A new GoControl panel runs $155 on Newegg, $179 on buy2gig. A Vivint branded one runs approx $75 new on eBay. It will allow you to reinstall and use your current 2GIG sensors, panics and keypads. You can get it monitored, and also get the alarm.com plan that includes empower home automation, and video, which will allow you to reuse your camera (ADC-V520IR?), and thermostat (CT-100?).

You only have 6 sensors (2 door, smoke, glass break, panic, and pir motion), 1 keypad, 2 keyfobs, an IP cam, and zwave tstat... That is a barebones system. At the most it would take an hour or so to completely reprogram/reinstall it all. (See: http://www.2gigforum.com/forums/9-In...roubleshooting)

See: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/99-...full=1#post219

Thread Information