Thread: Acquiring z-wave status message displayed.

Acquiring z-wave status message displayed.

Any idea why my go control pannel displays this when I select scenes at times sometimes it will display it for hours. I cannot activate or edit scenes, add or remove wave devices from the go control but they can be activated from any of the two ts1's. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	108

Dunno. Might want to contact provider. Its obviously a zwave device configuration issue, but without more info its not possible to troubleshoot.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the panel is losing your devices/having device or mesh network communication issues...and is trying to 'reaquire' the devices in the mesh network.

Have provider check the ADC backend to see what is happening

Another option may be to update your firmware, and see if the numerous zwave fixes and zwave device support resolves the issue. There were a lot of zwave fixes/updates after v1.9.6.

This would indicate communication issues as stated above. The panel is not able to process all device statuses when you access the scene menu. When you say you cannot add or remove devices from the Go!Control, do you mean because of this message when you select scenes or do you mean ever in general? Does accessing any portion of the Zwave menu cause this?

Commonly, this type of extended message shows up when locks or thermostats have not been properly learned into a panel (usually due to the panel not being close enough to the device at the time of pairing). Can you run a "Check Network" and see if any failed devices show up?

If no device shows up as failed, can you attempt to access the devices individually? Are there any devices that take an exceptionally long time to register status?

If any Zwave function causes this screen to appear for extended periods then that might suggest an issue with the panel firmware or hardware. You can of course always try a hard power cycle as this will clear command memory.

Reposted from http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/ac...on/#post-14722
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boder @ Suretycam
    I've seen problems where 2GIG says "Acquiring Z-Wave devices configuration" when trying to go to the "lights" or "locks" control screens but I have not seen a situation where it worked from TS1's and not from the main control panel. I rarely use 2GIG scenes.

Troubleshooting Z-Wave issues like that is not trivial. The best thing to do is remove all the Z-Wave devices and then add them back 1 by 1, testing thoroughly after each one and looking for the one that causes the issue. Don't forget to do a "rediscover network" each time. If the problem persists with all of the devices individually then it's likely a control panel problem.

Thread Information