Thread: Do you use Image Sensors?

Do you use Image Sensors?

Would you like the ability to be able to manage/delete Images from within the alarm.com mobile app?

According to ADC, they have no intention to add the feature to the mobile app for deleting Images (Image Sensor gallery uploads), because no one is requesting The feature.

Quote Originally Posted by alarm.com
    We'd like to give you more details into our feature enhancement process. We prioritize feature requests based on the number of people making the request, the resources we have, and how the feature would affect the platform.
    If you want the ability to be able to manage Image gallery uploads from within the mobile app, as opposed to having to logon to www.alarm.com to do it, then send ADC a email and request the feature be added to future app releases.

Send feature request to: info@alarm.com

e.g., "Add ability to be able to manage/delete Images from within the alarm.com mobile app"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_20150126_140853.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	100

I sent an email, and got a response saying they will send the request to their mobile team.

I'd like to get an image sensor or two now that I actually have access to that feature (was blocked with Vivint).

Could an image sensor be placed outside at the front door, and set to take a picture of anyone who comes up to the door, WITHOUT triggering alarm events?

I need a 2GIG-XCVR2-345 to get these to work, right?

From what I see here:
    http://www.altonix.com/downloads/lig...ct_Summary.pdf

It looks like the ADC-IS-200-LP does NOT work with GoControl, whereas ADC-IS-100-LP does. Strange...
    Last edited by Telemachus; 02-11-2015 at 07:31 PM.

LP images Sensors will not work with the 2GIG panel. Use the GC ones.

You need a single XCVR2 for Image Sensor, bridge, and TS1

Image sensors cannot be placed outdoors. They are not water proof/water resistant or recommended for exposure to the elements.

Thanks

in Southern California, there really aren't any elements except for Sun... and it would be well protected from that.

from what you have said elsewhere, I gather I would need to

"set them as device type (23) no response and have them send images of detected motion (image1), and/or activity/activation alerts via emails/notifications without alarm activation."

what is quota per month with these things?
    Last edited by Telemachus; 02-11-2015 at 10:11 PM.

in Southern California, there really aren't any elements except for Sun... and it would be well protected from that.
    You have sunlight, heat, moisture, and humidity? The IS is a passive infared, every time the sunlight moves/shifts, comes out from behind a cloud, etc it will activate because the thermal image has changed.

Exposing to outdoor heat moisture and humidy may damage/corrode the detector.

As for quota, 40 uploads/month is included in Gold, but you can add 20-80 extra uploads for between $2-$8/month. See "available addons":
    http://buy2gig.com/Interactive-Plans.html

My suggestion is get yourself an outdoor camera (ADC-V720 PoE, or ADC-7V20W)
    http://buy2gig.com/Outdoor-Wireless-...ht-Vision.html

Thread Information