Thread: Installation without drilling holes?

Question Installation without drilling holes?

Is there a way to install the components for the security system without drilling holes?

For example - I have a very nice entrance door frame and metal door, I want to put a (2GIG-DW10 - 2GIG Wireless Thin Door or Window Sensor) on it but I would rather not have to make holes anywhere - is there a "sticker" version or glue or something I can use instead?

Same type of question for the motion detector and smoke detector (but far less important).
    Thanks,

DW10 door/window sensors do not require holes. They use two sided sticky tape (I also use silicone on some of mine)

Pir and smkt do require screws (like hanging a picture frame though).

Can the same be said for the motion and smoke detectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaitan00 View Post
    Can the same be said for the motion and smoke detectors?
    Pir and smkt do require screws (like hanging a picture frame), for proper installation.

Patching is easy in event you need to remove/relocate sensor ($3 Spackle at Walmart/home improvement stores like Lowes, Home Depot).

You can also get scotch/3M double sided sticky tape for like $4 that will hold up to 5lb for relocating DW10's (not recommended for securing/installing GB's, PIR Motions, SMKT, or CO detectors).

Most indoor cameras can be used without attaching to walls (v610PT and V520IR)

Panels (CP-DESK)/TS1's (TS1-DESK) also have tabletop stands for $9

Thread Information