Thread: Lost Backlight option

Lost Backlight option

I have recently upgraded my GoControl to v1.12. After doing that I noticed my panel goes dark after time. Went into the Tool Box to change it and discovered that I lost the Always option. Will we get this option back on the next version release? Hope so. That was a get option when someone would look in the window and see that we had an Alarm system and also light up the room a little at nite.

You refering to the "backlight always on" option?

Backlight always on option can be enabled by setting Q89 to (1)

See: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/5-2...panel-settings

It is not recommended to have the backlight always on. This can potentially damage the screen/cause premature failure, but most importantly, in the event of a power loss this will cause the backup batteries to deplete quickly. This could be extremely detrimental if say, you lose power at night while sleeping, and there is a fire or other alarm event, and the panel is offline because the batteries died. The batteries should provide 24-hour backup under normal operation.

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    You refering to the "backlight always on" option?

Backlight always on option can be enabled by setting Q89 to (1)

See: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/5-2...panel-settings

It is not recommended to have the backlight always on. This can potentially damage the screen/cause premature failure, but most importantly, in the event of a power loss this will cause the backup batteries to deplete quickly. This could be extremely detrimental if say, you lose power at night while sleeping, and there is a fire or other alarm event, and the panel is offline because the batteries died. The batteries should provide 24-hour backup under normal operation.
    Great points that I didn't think of. I will definitely keep that option disabled. Thanks rive for the advice.

Thread Information