Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Automation Occupancy sensor

Automation Occupancy sensor

I'm looking to use an accupancy sensor (to turn on certan lights when you walk into a room) with my go control panel. All the information I have found is just for motion sensors to be used with the security side. This is not what I'm looking for. I want it for strictly automation purposes . Has anyone done this or knows what I can use to accomplish this?

Either use a non-zwave standalone motion detector switch from Lowes, or by setting up the automation via sensor activation. Use a Dw10. This can be a setup for "turn on" when "door opens or door closes" for the room. You can easily set a dw10 on any interior door as a (23) no response zone type (will not trigger alarms)

In theory this should also work for a PIR1 motion also set as zone type (23) no response, to trigger upon sensor activating/detecting motion. (But I think the dw10 is better bet. They run $15 new)

Nice! I really want to try the pir1 idea. And have it set to no responce. Problem is I don't have a motion sensor to test this idea with.

They run new for about $35 (2GIG-PIR1)
    Try ebay, amazon,buy2gig.com

Also, are you familiar with how the motions work? They are passive. They take an "infared picture/snapshot", and if that picture changes, they activate and " detect" motion. There is approx a three minute delay once that "snapshot" is taken before the PIR1 detector will activate if that snapshot changes.

Look at it as though it takes 3 min for the detector to "process" the infared image.

Ahhhh I see, so there will be a small delay, I was not familar with how they function. I am talking to my buddy now who is a Vivint distributor to see if I can get a sensor from him and test this theory and if it works for my application.

Is there another brand of motion sensor that will work with 2gig that will not have that delay or is every sensor a passive infared sensor ?

Something like this would be great but alarm.com doesn't support all the features. (Or at least my limited Vivint account doesn't.) http://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor

There are the second generation 2GIG motions, they are called Image Sensors, and have built in infared night vision camera capability (sorta like having a night vision infared cam, and motion detector, without the need for a video plan, and that have the capability to trigger alarms). You can't use them with Vivint though.

As for motions, any wireless Honeywell or Resolution motion detector is compatible.

So what other functions do you get with alarm.com fully unlocked? Unlike the Vivint that seems very limited.

Image Sensors, Broadband IP bridge, GEO Fence, local Streaming video recorders, wellness, second generation thermostats, schlage zwave/Yale lock compatability, zwave sirens, energy meters, outdoor infared night vision cameras (ADC-V720W), garage door empower capability, etc

Thread Information