Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canceling Vivint?

Canceling Vivint?

I have been awaiting the 29th of January from almost the day I signed up with Vivint. Good news is, I got new thermostats and camera from them recently... can't wait to cancel!

This list is an invaluable resource!

http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/2-2...toring-options

I am going to get my upgrade cable and a Verizon module to get everything ready.

I'd like 24/7 central monitoring and camera, automation. I am in CA.

It looks like bang for the buck, its hard to beat http://buy2gig.com/

Is that pretty much the conclusion that others come up with?

I have been awaiting the 29th of January from almost the day I signed up with Vivint. Good news is, I got new thermostats and camera from them recently... can't wait to cancel!
    If they gave you that "free" equipment recently, you probably inadvertently committed yourself to a 36-60 month verbal contract renewal. They are very tricky like that.

Hope you sent in your NOC/ACH revoke letter to Vivint and financial institution prior to Dec 29 per contractual terms to stop the auto contract renewal (assuming you didn't already agree to a verbal contract renewal).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    If they gave you that "free" equipment recently, you probably inadvertently committed yourself to a 36-60 month verbal contract renewal. They are very tricky like that.

Hope you sent in your NOC/ACH revoke letter to Vivint and financial institution prior to Dec 29 per contractual terms to stop the auto contract renewal (assuming you didn't already agree to a verbal contract renewal).
    Crap.... I'll get on the cancellation right away

Thanks!

Well, luck is on my side. Official install date was February 13th. I just got off the phone with retention. I am faxing, emailing my notice of cancellation to keep my options open.

Interestingly, he offered to renew me for another year at $34.99 for full Empower and automation. I currently pay 49.99, which was a good deal for Vivint.

With the cost of getting a new CDMA module, the $34.99 is kinda tempting.

I'll probably still get the upgrade cable to get some newer firmware running. I am at (1.9.6)

Can someone talk me out of staying with Vivint?

I pretty much service my own system anyways... their techs are morons...
    Last edited by Telemachus; 01-13-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Can someone talk me out of staying with Vivint?
    Stay with them if you want, but here are 5 reasons why I left.

1. Vivint does not support newer firmware 1.10, 1.10.1, 1.12
    That means, no Image sensors, no Broadband IP bridge, no energy metering, no geo fence, no new panel features or panel functionality, or fixes, no new alarm.com features/options, etc

2. It is Vivint's policy to lock out customers from system configuration

3. Vivint customer service/support sucks

4. Vivint is shady and disreputable. They currently have multiple class action lawsuits on them, have approx 10,000 online complaints on various consumer reporting sites (over 3,400 alone on the Utah BBB), they have had over 13 State governments initate actions against them within the last few years for "fraud, misrepresentation, misleading sales practices, and improper billing practices".

5. They lie to get you to verbally renew contract terms. (Your "1 yr @$34.99", will most likely, in actuality, turn into a 3 yr contract obligation..so you better record the phone conversations or get it in writing)
    Last edited by givemsm2; 01-13-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Thank you, good reasons. I would add onto that the fact that they try to charge me every time they sent a tech out to fix a Gocontrol panel that was defective from day 1.

I never even knew about the image sensors nor Geo controls until tonight. I'm not going to jump on $100+ sensors right away, but it will be a nice option.

Will there be any problem accessing system configuration on the Vivint branded Gocontrol panel after I update the firmware, and go with another company?

Do you mind if I ask who you chose?

Quote Originally Posted by givemsm2 View Post
    Stay with them if you want, but here are 5 reasons why I left.

1. Vivint does not support newer firmware 1.10, 1.10.1, 1.12
    That means, no Image sensors, no Broadband IP bridge, no energy metering, no geo fence, no new panel features or panel functionality, or fixes, no new alarm.com features/options, etc

2. It is Vivint's policy to lock out customers from system configuration

3. Vivint customer support sucks

4. Vivint is shady and disreputable. They currently have multiple class action lawsuits on them, have approx 10,000 online complaints on various consumer reporting sites (over 3,400 alone on the Utah BBB), they have had over 13 State governments initate actions against them within the last few years for "fraud, misrepresentation, misleading sales practices, and improper billing practices".

5. They lie to get you to verbally renew contract terms. (Your "1 yr @$34.99", will most likely, in actuality, turn into a 3 yr contract obligation..so you better record the phone conversations or get it in writing)

Will there be any problem accessing system configuration on the Vivint branded Gocontrol panel after I update the firmware, and go with another company?

Do you mind if I ask who you chose?
    For unlocking and fully enabling a Vivint panel see:
    http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/3-H...tch-monitoring

The best no contract, DIY providers are locknalarm/http://buy2gig.com and Suretycam/suretydiy Its up to you to compare and choose the one thats a better fit for you.

Free Month

Quote Originally Posted by givemsm2 View Post
    For unlocking and fully enabling a Vivint panel see:
    http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/3-H...tch-monitoring

The best providers are Suretycam/suretydiy, and locknalarm/buy2gig. Its up to you to compare and choose the one thats a better fit for you.
    Not sure if you are aware but we are offering 1 Free Month for New Subscribers, Month to Month Plan and We will release/unlock your cell module if you chose to switch to a different provider
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buy2gig41514.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	37
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by locknalarm View Post
    Not sure if you are aware but we are offering 1 Free Month for New Subscribers, Month to Month Plan and We will release/unlock your cell module if you chose to switch to a different provider
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buy2gig41514.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	37
    Could you please clarify your pricing plans? They weren't obvious on the website.

I want central monitoring with empower control automation and 1 camera.

Thanks.

For LockNAlarm current pricing, see:
    http://buy2gig.com/Interactive-Plans.html

Thread Information