Thread: Go!Bridge No available Radio Channel for this Device Type

Go!Bridge No available Radio Channel for this Device Type

There is an confirmed issue where the panel gives an error for no available 900MHz radio channel.

The panel/XCVR2 should support pairing/learning of (4) TS1's*; (3) Image Sensors; (1) Go!Bridge IP communicator, but instead gives the "no available channel" error on attempting to install a 900MHz device.

"No available Radio Channel for this Device Type- Please refer to the installation manual to determine the limits and prerequisites for 900 MHz devices."
    This issue has been reported on panels where (3) Image sensors are already paired/learned. (e.g., if you already have three Image Sensors, you cannot pair/learn the bridge. So, to sucessfully pair/learn the bridge, you must unpair/remove an Image Sensor. You can either have (3) Image Sensors, or (2) Image Sensors and the Bridge).

* Q4 keypad limitation is (4) regardless of whether or not they are PAD1, or TS1 (or combination thereof).

Update to unavailable 900MHz channel issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Suretycam
    I am awaiting confirmation from a product engineer, but I have finally received word that the GoBridge uses an image sensor slot to learn in...(Why this isn't documented in the product literature I have no idea.)
    I dunno, but it sounds to me like 2GIG "forgot" to increase the available IS device type channels in firmware 1.12 (which was released just to pretty much support the bridge) to say, something like...four?

Or at least released an "XCVR3" to address the available channel issue (if due to a hardware limitation), you know, perhaps PRIOR to releasing the BRDG1?

The blind leading the blind at Nortek Security & Control...

D'oh!

I received confirmation from their engineers. The Go!Bridge is in fact designed to and must use an image sensor slot for communication with a system. I was informed they will be adding this to their documentation soon. Rather than forgetting to add a fourth slot, I would imagine they have chosen to introduce this device into systems while otherwise changing as few factors as possible. The limit will probably be increased at some point. To my knowledge all systems have a hard limit of 3 image sensors other than Qolsys (which has 5 possible).
    Last edited by Jason; 01-14-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Thread Information