Thread: HOWTO: TS1 firmware update

HOWTO: TS1 firmware update

You should have already installed the driver, and created your desktop shortcuts, if you need to do this, see:
    http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/83-...full=1#post173

(For windows 8/8.1 Installation, see: http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/fi...le/#post-12445)
    Open up TS1 (remove screw at top, gently pull TS1 away), and power it down (I just unplug wall plug, and remove AAA rechargeable batteries*)

* newer TS1 models do not support backup batteries

Connect the 4pin to the J4 end of cable, connect the USB end to PC

Insert 4 pin into TS1 (make sure slotted side of J4 connector is in the proper orientation or you may damage the TS1)

This is very important! Secure the update cable so it does not move, else the firmware flashing will fail. Make sure 4pin is fully inserted.

Open up the desktop TS1 shortcut you created, you should see something similar to this (e.g. "No Panel"):

Power up panel, TS1 should then be detected. Flash it.

Note- flashing the same firmware version twice will revert the screen logo back to default "Go!Control". Same for main CP (if it is unlocked). After the Main CP firmware is updated, and if it is connected to alarm.com, a small OTA update will occur. This update provisions it for your provider and updates the screen logo. If you have changed providers, or the current logo is the default "Go!Control", or if you have not yet paired any TS1 panels, make sure you remove the cellular module so the panel cannot communicate with ADC until after you have applied all firmware updates, and paired all TS1 devices. Failure to do this may result in the TS1 not having the same screen logo image as the main panel.

Can you please clarify this part. The instructions says the following:
    Edit Target field. To the end of the field, add a “ ‐CX”. See the
    example: Add a space, hyphen and a C followed by the COM
    Port Number X (where X is the COM Port number you
    determined

My path looks like this.
    "C:\Users\mike\Desktop\2GIG_V1_12_English_Firmware _Update_Tool\2GIG V1.12 English Firmware Update Tool\CP_V1.12en.exe"

Where do I put -C3
    note 3 being my com port.

Do I put this like this .

"C:\Users\mike\Desktop\2GIG_V1_12_English_Firmware _Update_Tool\2GIG V1.12 English Firmware Update Tool\CP_V1.12en.exe" -C3

or do I get rid of "

Like this (at end), right click and edit 'target path' of the desktop shortcuts

CP shortcut target path
    ...\CP_V1.12en.exe" -c3
    TS1 shortcut target path
    ...\TS1_V1.10_English_10176d.exe" -c3

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    Like this (at end), right click and edit 'target path' of the desktop shortcuts

CP shortcut target path

TS1 shortcut target path

Thanks will do.

Thread Information