Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please- Can you use 2 2gigGo

Help Please- Can you use 2 2gigGo

Hi,

I have a 2gig Go, I am able to get another 2gig GO can I use at in the bedroom instead of using pad/TS1?

Thank you

I am able to get another 2gig GO can I use at in the bedroom instead of using pad/TS1?
    No. You cannot use two main control panels together.

Options for secondary keypads are the PAD1 or TS1

The TS1 is a touch screen keypad almost identical to the features and functions of the main panel including Voice and Chimes, and built-in siren.

TS1

PAD1

Thank you Rive,

I have been reading lots of your informative posts, and I want to thank you for taking the time to be very informative. I have another questions. I read your posts on GSM 2 modular being phased out. What about CDMA module?

I have ordered a 3G GSM ATT, however, I currently have an USED existing 2GIG-GCCDMV-A CELL RADIO MODULE, are they obsolete? Should I return the GSM 3 ATT and save myself some $ and use the CDMA Modular.

I just checked the status of the modular it says " Your Alarm.com cellular module xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is unregistered and can be monitored by suretyCAM. Your module is a CDMA radio on the Verizon network running firmware version 601127 and is two way voice capable. Congratulations, your module has a 3G radio!"

Many thanks
    Last edited by mike22; 12-26-2014 at 10:44 AM.

CDMA and HSPA modules are 3G, GSM modules are 2G. You can no longer use a 2G module to activate ADC service.

Your Alarm.com cellular module xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is unregistered and can be monitored...

Your module is a CDMA radio on the Verizon network running firmware version 601127 and is two way voice capable.

Congratulations, your module has a 3G radio!"
    The key wording is "Unregistered"

Good to go. Module can be used with any ADC/2GIG dealer or provider. Be sure that whomever you chose to use will release/unlock your module upon request if you cancel services.

And check to see your ADC coverage, if you are in a 3G CDMA Verizon area, then your used GCCDMV-A unregistered module is fine.

Will ask that question on release/unlock. any preference who should i sign up with? You can PM me. Thanks

Dealer/provider and ADC plan comparisons: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/2-2...toring-options

will look at the link, My Go panel is version 10.1 and my TS1 is version 10, will this work without buying cable and updating the firmware on Ts1?

Quote Originally Posted by mike22 View Post
    will look at the link, My Go panel is version 10.1 and my TS1 is version 10, will this work without buying cable and updating the firmware on Ts1?

Firmware versions are good. (1.10.1 and 1.10)

Thank you, I will let you know how the install went, going to Home Depot to buy wire for the plug, I like your install plug on bottom like air freshner, and fish the wire from Go to the socket.

I am going to put the Go unit in the kitchen 1st floor openly visible, it is proximity of the family room and about 6 ft from the garage door access into the kitchen and place TS1 on 2nd floor either, right outside or Inside of the Master Bedroom on 2nd floor, should I put inside the MB?

Wish me luck!
    Last edited by mike22; 12-26-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Main CP should be center of home for proper wireless 345mhz and zwave range. The CP supports up to 4 TS1/PAD1 secondaries

In my case, TS1 is at main entry, and pad1 Master bedroom. That way there is a "fixed" fire/panic on every level of home. I also have a siren on every level which includes a zwave100db siren/strobe in the sleeping area hall (I want it loud enough to wake the dead in a fire/alarm event). Normal panel and TS1 sirens are like 85db if I recall.

Thread Information