Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2GIG TS1 Keeps Rebooting

2GIG TS1 Keeps Rebooting

I had an older TS1 that I bricked during a firmware update. Long story but just made a rookie mistake.
    That being said, I purchased a new TS1 last week... it showed up all shiny and new... the latest version with the DC plug in place of the battery backup. So I paired it with the panel and all was well. BTW... GO panel is running 1.12 firmware and TS1 is on 1.10.

I have had three instances now where upon trying to disarm the systemthe TS1 panel has shutdown and entered into a boot loop and just continues to cycle. The system doesn't disarm and the GO panel is still in the armed state. I have now reset the TS1 twice following these instances which is required to get the unit back up. Once up, I repair with the GO panel with no issues at all and everything works well for an hour or day. I had made it three days now and had no issues (but hadn't disarmed the system via the TS1 during that time. Only Go Panel and ADC app.) then this morning my wife tried to disarm using the TS1 and it disarmed the system but then did it's little trick and was boot looping when I saw it.

Any ideas or suggestions? Again, brand new TS1 in factory sealed box when installed. One test I'm doing now is I've removed the panel and repaired it to the GO panel again however, this time I have it powered via the dc plug connector in the back of the TS1 rather than the screw connectors and the TS1 is sitting right next to the GO panel. Also, the voltage on the leads coming out of the wall where the TS1 is mounted seems constant at 14v.

Appreciate any feedback and thanks in advance.

Out of curiousity, are you saying the new TS1 (with the emergency symbols) does not have battery backup?
    latest version with the DC plug in place of the battery backup
    The TS1 mirrors the main panel.

Double check the TS1 is reporting AC power (I use AAA backups on my TS1, and if the batteries are weak, and it is not on AC power, the TS1 will go into a boot loop if the DC power is insufficient to power the display)

What is occuring with the main panel when the TS1 does the boot loop? You need to determine which panel is malfunctioning.

Only recourse is to replace defective panel or TS1. Its not fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    Out of curiousity, are you saying the new TS1 (with the emergency symbols) does not have battery backup?

The TS1 mirrors the main panel.

Double check the TS1 is reporting AC power (I use AAA backups on my TS1, and if the batteries are weak, and it is not on AC power, the TS1 will go into a boot loop if the DC power is insufficient to power the display)

What is occuring with the main panel when the TS1 does the boot loop? You need to determine which panel is malfunctioning.

Only recourse is to replace defective panel or TS1. Its not fixable.

Yes... this new TS1 doesn't have battery backup. That location where the batteries used to go now has a standard port for plugging in a power adapter. I'll attach a picture.

I'm thinking it's a power thing although I never had any issues with the old TS1 I baked. How do I confirm the TS1 is reporting AC power? Where it's mounted, the wire was prerun in the house and is connected in the old alarm distribution panel where the TS1 power supply is plugged into AC. I would assume that's what you're referring. I've tested the power output on the transformer plug an it's constant at 14v output.

Two instances of occurances at the man panel:
    1. It does nothing and the system remains armed
    2. It is disarmed and seems idle

When the bootloop occurs, the TS1 blinks then the white emergency light stays lit then it power cycles and the screen flickers and goes off and the buttons blink again. Only option is to cut power and reset and apply power then relink to main panel.

In the picture below I have the TS1 connected via standard wall adapter testing it. It's powered up in the picture and fully paired and functioning with the main panel. The issue hasn't occured again so far.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141219_104345.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	15  
    Last edited by WingsAA; 12-19-2014 at 11:58 AM.

The issue could be with the wall adapter/transformer. Switch it out with main panel transformer or DC plug and see what happens.

It sucks that they removed the battery backup capability, it essentially means the TS1 is useless in event of a power loss. Bad decision on the part of 2GIG methinks.

I think you have a bad TS1 (assuming the transformer switch out does not resolve the issue), there is a 1 yr manufacturer warranty. Contact the seller and see if you can get another.

If possible, my suggestion is to try and get the original TS1 with battery backup capability

One more question...does the new TS1 come with a power supply with DC plug as shown in your pic, or does it include the transformer like the original TS1/main panel?

The issue could be with the wall adapter/transformer. Switch it out with main panel transformer or DC plug and see what happens.

It sucks that they removed the battery backup capability, it essentially means the TS1 is useless in event of a power loss. Bad decision on the part of 2GIG methinks.

I think you have a bad TS1 (assuming the transformer switch out does not resolve the issue), there is a 1 yr manufacturer warranty. Contact the seller and see if you can get another.

If possible, my suggestion is to try and get the original TS1 with battery backup capability

I initially used the old TS1 AC adapter and the issue occured so I swapped it out to the one that came with the new TS1 and it still occured.
    I've now had it plugged in all morning to a stand alone wall adapter plugged into the new port in the TS1 panel shown above and so far... it's not boot looping. I've armed/rearmed/disarmed and holding strong.

Out of curiosity... are you saying I can disconect the TS1 ac transformer and connect it to the main panel transformer adapter?

One more question...does the new TS1 come with a power supply with DC plug as shown in your pic, or does it include the transformer like the original TS1/main panel?
    It just comes with the wall outlet transformer like the original TS1. I'm just using a DC plug I had and it's working fine and unit shows AC power.

Are the transformers for wall outlet not the same? Mine are the same for both the panel and TS1.

If the boot loop issue occurs with both the old and new TS1 power adapter/transformer that would suggest a hardware issue. I would exchange or get a refund If I were you, before something else on the board fails.

This system was installed initially by the alarm company replacing the previous DSC alarm system. There is a transformer plug that looks like it supplies power to the old panel circuit board where the takeover module is connected and there is a batter backup in that panel. There is then the plug transformer that came with the TS1 plugged in as well. Note... when I unplug the TS1 transformer adapter both TS1 and Main panel go off. Should the Main panel be ona seperate transformer like the TS1? Sorry... know this is a side question but I'm wondering if the power is setup correctly from the inital install.

Only reason I think yes is prior to me baking the old TS1 never really had any issues.

If needed I can send you a picture of the panel setup.

If both the main panel and TS1 are being run off the same transformer that may be a problem.

The panel and the TS1 should each be on their own transformer, together they might draw more current than one 1700mA transformer can deliver when the system is in alarm and both the sirens and cell module are active.

Thread Information