Thread: screen misaligned

screen misaligned

I just installed a 2gig pir1 motion sensor. After rebooting the system I tried to install the sensor back to the case and then the alarm went off like 4-5 beeps. The screen said motion detector tamper and the screen was moved down with a gray area about 1/4 inch on top of the screen. I tried rebooting but the screen remains the same. What do i do?

Here is a pic. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	12

Looks like the panel is going bad on the display. I don't think it can be fixed if a hard reboot didnt resolve it.

If you are a current Vivint customer, they will probably replace the panel, if you are not you can get a new 2GIG Go!Control CP21 panel with the newer zwave version (3.42) from between $100-$170. Check eBay, Newegg, Buy2GIG, and SuretyDIY.

It has been suggested that an extended power off (days?) may resolve the issue.

According to 2GIG, panels with this issue that were sent back to them did not have the issue upon power up, and error could not be replicated on their end. So, that may indicate a prolonged power off may clear/reset the panel, or some such thing that in any event corrects the screen issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Boder@ Suretycam on 12/01/14
    I followed up and heard back from 2GIG on this. We've returned at least 5 panels over the past couple years with that screen problem. 2GIG says they have been unable to reproduce the problem and the panels we returned were working fine when they received them...

Thanks Rive! But will i lose all my settings? Do i have to re-configure? Is there a faster way of re-configuring all the sensors?

Quote Originally Posted by nino View Post
    Thanks Rive! But will i lose all my settings? Do i have to re-configure? Is there a faster way of re-configuring all the sensors?

I have no clue. It is doubtful it will affect your zones or settings though

Thread Information