Thread: Adding a door lock as a sensor

Adding a door lock as a sensor

I have a Schlage lock BE469 paired with my Go!Control Panel V2 (firmware is 1.12) and I am able to lock/unlock my door lock by using the panel. What I also need to do is to register the door lock as a sensor so it will be served similar way as my other sensors (like door/window contacts for instance) are, so, if the system is armed and the door lock is unlocked I would like alarm to sound.

How could I do that? I tried to register my lock in a free slot (found an appropriate slot number) but I don't know what to specify for the RF Sensor Type and other characteristics, could anybody help?

No you can't do that. Because that zwave lock is not a security sensor, and it cannot be programmed as one.

Thank you, so, then the only benefit of having my lock connected with my panel is an ability to remotely see the lock status and lock/unlock it? What else could I do with this (lock<->Go!Panel) combination?

In addition - what is the purpose of this setting which can be seen in Services->ZWave->door locks->My lock:
    "Auto disarm. Unlock with keypad disarms the system?"

?

Auto disarm. Unlock with keypad disarms the system
    It means when unlocked, it auto disarms the panel if enabled.

Thread Information