Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for menu 'Services'

Looking for menu 'Services'

I want to connect my Z-Wave lock (Schlage Connect) with Go Control Panel (firmware 1.92), I was able to find many videos online with the explanation, but all of them say that I should click menu item 'Services' on the main screen, but I don't have that menu item, instead I have just item Security. What should I do to have that item "Services" available ?
    Last edited by NewMember; 11-24-2014 at 02:39 AM.

You will need to access installer toolbox and get the z-wave activated, if you have an alarm.com plan your provider must also activate z-wave services, you will also need to update your firmware for that lock to work go to at least firmware 1.10.1 (1.12 is latest)
    Last edited by locknalarm; 11-24-2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Edit
    Michael Ferer
    "The Source For Do It Yourself 2Gig Alarm Parts & Alarm.com Plans"
    http://buy2gig.com
    1-877-661-8941

Quote Originally Posted by NewMember View Post
    What should I do to have that item "Services" available ?
    You do not need to have provider activate/add on the alarm.com "empower" feature to use zwave services on the panel. You can configure Q79(2) for panel based rules and scenes, but you will not have remote access capabilities.

If you dont have a "Services" menu on your panel, that means it is disabled. You will have to access System Configuration and enable it, (which means you will need installer access/installer code). Here is how to do it (see Q79- Q90 ) http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/5-2...panel-settings

Enabling "Services":

A lot of the Schlage zwave fixes were in 1.10 and 1.10.1 firmware. Also, as you are on firmware 1.9.2 that means your panel is using a discontinued 2G GSM cell module. Within the next two years or so these will stop working. You need to get a 3G cell module.

You can download the firmware for free, or have your provider OTA it to your panel.

Firmware: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/1-(...ntrol-Firmware

Also, the newer 2GIG Go!Control panels have hardware revisions, which includes an updated zwave version 3.42...

Thank you guys for the information, I have updated the firmware to 1.12 and was able to connect my door lock with my control panel.

As for Z Wave version, I have an older one (in fact my panel is v2, not v3), what, in general do I lose if I don't update to the newer version of ZWave? What are my options to upgrade ZWave - do I need to completely replace my panel or I could somehow program just firmware?

Zwave version is tied to The hardware.

As for what you lose, you just are running an older version (2.78), basically it means newer zwave devices may not work properly or at all. The only way to get the newer zwave versions is to replace panel

Thanks, do you have some specific details on what devices, for instance, would not work? I am just trying to find out whether I should really be chasing the "latest" and the "newest" or that is not really needed in my case. I might be wrong of course but majority of sensors look relatively simple to me and I am just having hard times figuring out why exactly I might need to update to the latest Z Wave.
    For instance, the features for such sensors like Fire/Freeze/CO/GAS doesn't seem to have "space" for upgrades (from Z Wave point of view) because their functionality is pretty simple - monitor environment and then just send a signal if an even is triggered.

I of course understand and agreed that to have newer hardware I must buy one but at the same time this (absence of software update for ZWave) makes me a little bit worry - if I follow this pattern I would need to upgrade my firmware pretty often which costs money so I would like to have a better understanding about differences in Z Wave versions and how those differences are mapped to real life sensors which communicate with the Control Panel.

You can't use any zwave security or life safety sensors. Otherwise, as long as the zwave device (switch, outlet, tstat, siren, meter, lock, etc) supports zwave version 2.78 it should work.

May be I misunderstood the definition of "security or life safety sensors" but I currently have these working with my Z Wave 2.78:

1. Motion Detector
    2. Door Contact
    3. Glass break sensor

So, did you mean something else while saying "security or life safety sensors" ?

Quote Originally Posted by NewMember View Post
    May be I misunderstood the definition of "security or life safety sensors" but I currently have these working with my Z Wave 2.78:

1. Motion Detector
    2. Door Contact
    3. Glass break sensor

So, did you mean something else while saying "security or life safety sensors" ?
    No you dont. There are no compatible zwave door/window, PIR motion or glassbreak detectors for the 2GIG panel. You are confusing zwave empower home automation with security sensors

The panel uses a transceiver module for 345mhz security sensors and 900mhz touchpads, Image sensors (2nd generation PIR motions), and Broadband IP go!bridge

This is the 345mhz/900mhz bi-directional trasceiver that the security and life safety sensors use (PIR motion, door/window, glass break, keypads, TS1 touchpads, Image sensors, smoke detectors, CO2 detectors, etc, ). If yours doesn't have the swiggly antenna, then yours is a 345mhz transceiver only, and does not support the TS1, Go!bridge, or Image sensors:

Here is how to see the zwave devices that are installed on panel:

Services>zwave>wrench symbol>code>advanced toolbox>code>view all devices

Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    You can't use any zwave security or life safety sensors. Otherwise, as long as the zwave device (switch, outlet, tstat, siren, meter, lock, etc) supports zwave version 2.78 it should work.
    Trying to figure out zwave and this gets right to my question. Can you alarm (have the fire department called from alarm.com) on a 2gig system from a zwave smoke/CO detector such as :

http://www.lowes.com/pd_505521-347-ZCOMBO_0__ First Alert Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm and Smoke Detector (Works with Iris)

Item #: 505521 | Model #: ZCOMBO Or is that strictly a home automation notification thing?

Thread Information